General H1 High beams — do I need a canbus decoder for LED bulbs?

Currently reading:
General H1 High beams — do I need a canbus decoder for LED bulbs?

zobbia

I'm almost done with my full LED conversion. Just gotta swap my high beams. I've purchased a pair of LED H1 bulbs from a website but I'm just now noticing that they don't come with a canbus decoder. It has been stated online that the headlights are not connected to the canbus system so they shouldn't really fight with it anyway, but does this apply to high beams as well? Please tell me they don't need a decoder. I really don't want to send the bulbs back and order some more 😝

Follow up for anyone that will ask google my same question: i've tried them and yes they work, it seems that the headlights aren't part of the can bus system ;)

Low / high beam are not on the canbus system. Neither are front fog / corner lights. Side lights, brakes and indicators are. Easily remedied with a resistor pack. If you choose the correct rating (bit of DIY required for this) you can still retain the error light when an led bulb fails.

Low / high beam are not on the canbus system. Neither are front fog / corner lights. Side lights, brakes and indicators are. Easily remedied with a resistor pack. If you choose the correct rating (bit of DIY required for this) you can still retain the error light when an led bulb fails.
actually, side and rear signal indicators are canbus-free. Number plate lights too. Rear fog light is canbus. Only forgot to check the reverse.
Any recommendations about h4 for the low beams?

actually, side and rear signal indicators are canbus-free. Number plate lights too. Rear fog light is canbus. Only forgot to check the reverse.
Any recommendations about h4 for the low beams?
I definitely had check bulb error with number plate lights and indicators? Never changed the small repeater on the wing. Good to know about the fog light though 👍
Low beam is H1 not H4? Samsung 360 led 4300K for best reflective light. 5500K if you want white output. I'd stay away from 6000K as it's terrible on roads with old markings. Light at that frequency gets absorbed by the road surface.

Back