Technical JTD - smell of burning followed by lots of failures [EGR?]

Currently reading:
Technical JTD - smell of burning followed by lots of failures [EGR?]

Shaker

Hey
Yesterday when i was driving in my Stilo JTD, it smelled like burned electronics for a couple of minutes, but nothing else happend. Then today when i started the car i had a lot of beeping and the engine light is on, preheater is flashing, and the car is running in emergency mode.
I had it tested at a garage already, showing failures on airflow measurement, preheater and the EGR valve. And the failures cannot just be removed. Haven't been able to find any burned wires or fuses at all. Also checked all the obvious grounding, nothing.
Any ideas what could cause this, or where to start looking for a burned wire or something ?

Claus

JTD's don't have any history of burning, that I know of, so this sounds like a one off.

Are you sure that no modification have ever been made to the wiring by yourself or any garage ?

Dont know why the title changed to JTD - smoke followed by lots of failures, i didn't mention any smoke -.-
Positive, no changes have ever been made to the wiring system.

Last edited:
I try to make vague titles a bit more meaningful :rolleyes:

otherwise they're just useless to anyone looking for a solution using Search.

If you say it only smelt burnt then I can correct that for you - no problem :)

Problem fixed, turned out to be a shortage in the EGR-Valve causing all the trouble.
Pheew :)

Back