Technical Jacking with a trolley jack & axle stands

Currently reading:
Technical Jacking with a trolley jack & axle stands

HFC2197

Hi all, first post here.

Servicing Dad's Fiat Punto Evo in the near future as it's due. I have a trolley jack and some axle stands so where's the safest and most secure place to jack and place stands on these? Have experience with servicing my own car, so I know what I'm doing!

Thanks

Hi, :)
DO SEARCH the GP section , as the structure is the same, ;)

:idea:here you go; andy monty is the Mod. and made loads of guides over the years:worship:

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/123531-trolly-jack-axle-stand-points.html

FYI - on onther FIAT's - I generally lift by the Rear suspension structure,

and Front suspension mount points..

but it's often a fiddle to get it in the air + get a stand in there too..,

not lifted my 2013 TA yet.. - just out of warranty.;)

what engine / trim ..?? :confused:

Charlie

Last edited:
Hi mate,

It's a 1.4 8v Active, pretty base spec but served him well

Found the jacking points mentioned in the threads, just need to find somewhere to put the stands, front and rear!

Only problem is, putting them on the sills seems like it would cause them to bend, and the slots where the fiat Jack goes looks like it wouldn't be a secure place to put a stand. Is the rear beam suitable for axle stands?

Only problem is, putting them on the sills seems like it would cause them to bend, and the slots where the fiat Jack goes looks like it wouldn't be a secure place to put a stand. Is the rear beam suitable for axle stands?

They're definitely not good spots to lift, well with a the jack I have anyway (have the tyre repair kit not the spare tyre) but it seems fine on stands. Not really a huge deal of places you can put them on the punto.

Thanks. So would the rear beam or its bushings be a good place for stands?

Used it without problems on cars before but the PE's rear beam doesn't look too substantial!

Back