General Italia 90

Currently reading:
General Italia 90

Hi

Some more progress on this. The engine is nearly complete just got to put in the core plugs!

Then it's clutch/flywheel/gearbox time.

Welding is 50% done.

I need a near side rear 3 quarter panel and maybe both doors, can anyone help with these?

I'll get some pics up next week!

Nath

I will get some pics up soon for this.

The car is making good progress but we need some parts, we need pair of decent doors, white rear bumper and a rear quarter panel as ours is dented.

I will add pics to demonstrate later this week!

Thanks

Nath

The car is making good progress but we need some parts, we need pair of decent doors, white rear bumper and a rear quarter panel as ours is dented.

Thanks

Nath

Wow can't wait to see pics! Unfortunetly I don't have any of those parts for you though

Thanks

Nath

Partsworld still have new driver's doors for £110 delivered. That's cheaper than I could find a second hand passenger door for! I'd snap it up if you need one, as it's a bargain. (y)

You will probably have to spray a black bumper. The white plastic was only on the Bianca (and Italia 90?), so you'll struggle to find a used one.

Last time I looked Ebay Italy had rear 1/4 panels, but they are the best part of £200. You'll not have many options though - loads of money, or a bit of old fashioned panel beating. (y)

Ok

I thought this may be the option! I'm toying with the idea of buying a non runner panda and using it for spares but would that make me a Panda Killer or saver?

Nath

Ok

I thought this may be the option! I'm toying with the idea of buying a non runner panda and using it for spares but would that make me a Panda Killer or saver?

Nath

Depends on the car really I guess, the thing about the panda killer is he was buying up really decent pandas on ebay etc then breaking them.

Yeah the shell is good but engine has had it, I just can't find the parts local to me to get this Italia 90 finished and ready for paint.

I want to have it finished and up for sale by spring.

Nath

Hi

We are making steady progress with this car and are now working on the wiring to try and get the engine to fire.

We cannot get any power from the ignition with only the hazard lights working.

From the battery there is a chunky red and think red, where are these connecting to? There is also a switched red from the ignition so does this go directly on the starter?

Also we have a brown wire which i'm guessing goes on the alternator?

We have tried a few combinations but only the starter fires with a direct feed from the battery.

Any ideas? Anyone have a pic of their 750 cc FIRE wired up?

Thanks

hey,

ok so,
the largest red wire from the battery goes to the starter motor
the large red wire from the battery goes to the alternator
the brown wire from the car loom goes to the alternator (connects to the same place as the red wire above)
the smaller red wire from the car loom goes to the spade connector on the back of the starter motor

the brown wire is the main wire feeding everything in the car, all the lights, the horn, the fan, the radio... everything.

the smaller red wire is the "start" position on the ignition switch so it goes to the starter motor.

there will be another thin wire with i think a "O" ring connector (could be a spade). that goes to the back of the alternator. this is the "battery" light on the dash.

not sure if you have them, but the thin white wire with black plastic connector on the end goes to the carburettor fuel cut off solenoid.

sadly i cant remember what colour wire the thermostat/temperature sensor wire is.. but it should have the brown rubber cover over it

hope this helps!

Thanks, that's a massive help! I'll wife it all up and let you know how it goes!

Thanks

Hi

We have tried that wiring guide above and we still get nothing at the dash or on the key when its turned, only the hazards work?

We are missing all of the wiring from the ignition coil so would this be an issues to the starter not turning over on the key?

Anyone got a picture of a coil wired up so we can sort this out?

I love this head scratching!
Thanks

the coil only has one ignition live going to it. the rest is done by the ignition module or points.. it does not effect the starter

if you are still not getting anything after you connect the brown wire to the back of the alternator along with the red wire coming from the battery then.. hmm

have you checked the battery's earth cable. if that fails you get nothing.. try getting a jump lead and connecting it to one of the small bolts on the suspension mounts, then to the negative side of the battery.

most fiats have the earth cable fail at the place where it bolts to the chassis.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. We have two car restorers come in Friday afternoon and one of them got it fixed in 20mins! It now turns over on the key and most lights work now. We just have to wire up the coil and finish some welding before we can get the tank in.

I'll get some pics up next week.

Thanks

Hi

Lots of progress on this car, should be running over the next few weeks.

The car is going to be for sale in a couple of months and should have a MOT, it will only need a respray to finish as I'm never going to get that done on a school budget.

The price will be realistic as I only want to get the money back we put into it.

Anyone interested?

Thanks

This car is really coming together now, it shout be drivable over the next week or so.

I really want to find it a better Fiat living home ASAP. Any takers?

Don't want to ebay it but I might have to.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1425118813.558364.jpg

Back