General Is this a good price?

Currently reading:
General Is this a good price?

rodduz

Hi,

New here and looking to buy my first car. I've come across a Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 diesel Multijet GP.

It's a 58 plate and has FSH with 32,000 mileson the clock. It's priced at £5,991. Is this a decent price? If not how much should I be looking at getting knocked off?

Thanks in advance

Diesels are more expensive.

Why don't you go on Autotrader and do a search for the 1.3 mjet within a 100 mile radius? That way you get real-time market value prices, and you can judge for yourself the VFM (value for money) factor depending on whatever variables are the most important to you i.e mileage, age etc.

That sounded very executive if I may say so myself. :cool:

I dont own a multijet mate, but I have a 1.4 8v and mine was £4300 with 25k miles. But for a diesel, 32,000 miles isnt that much.

Might not be much help but i could see you wanted a reply :)

Ha, cheers anyway. Petrols are less expensive yes. A diesel will save me about £500 per year on fuel costs. It's also the only GP version I have seen recently and they look nicer on the inside than the non GP versions.

Cheers

In addition to this... I've been to see the car today and had a look under the bonnet. And being a noob to cars to me it looked a bit dirt for a car 2 1/2 years old that has done 32k miles.

Here's a picture... the picture doesn't do it justice. It looked even dirtier/older than the pic shows but then again me being clueless, I was expecting a prett immaculate engine bay?! Battery is pretty much out of shot but that had rusty bits on it too.

Thanks again for any help

Attachments

• IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
In addition to this... I've been to see the car today and had a look under the bonnet. And being a noob to cars to me it looked a bit dirt for a car 2 1/2 years old that has done 32k miles.

Here's a picture... the picture doesn't do it justice. It looked even dirtier/older than the pic shows but then again me being clueless, I was expecting a prett immaculate engine bay?! Battery is pretty much out of shot but that had rusty bits on it too.

Thanks again for any help

If you are not fully satisfied, walk away.

Just needs a bit of a clean, that's all. It's done almost 15k a year so what do you expect lol.

Mine is slightly like that as well, bits of rust here and there but no biggie. Bit of elbow grease is all that's needed. If it's a strong runner then I see no problem.

Hmmmmmmmm. Yeah not sure what to do. A good clean and I wouldn't have known the difference like you say. I don't know what to expect that's why I asked. Was wondering if others would expect to see the same on popping the bonnet.

And what you mean by if it's a strong runner? How would I know?

Cheers again

Last edited:
i have a 07 plate 1.9 diesel it had 50k miles on it when i brought it, my engine bay is immaculate compared to that if it does not feel right walk away

Hmmmmmmmm. Yeah not sure what to do. A good clean and I wouldn't have known the difference like you say. I don't know what to expect that's why I asked. Was wondering if others would expect to see the same on popping the bonnet.

And what you mean by if it's a strong runner? How would I know?

Cheers again

Test drive it? Or if it's private get the owner to give you a good run in it.

Cheers. Still undecided. It is just a bit of gunk and rust you could say. Yours could have been immaculate because the garage cleaned it when they got hold of it?! Could be many things! I know one thing, buying a second hand car is HARD work!

Back