General is my parking sensor working / turned on

Currently reading:
General is my parking sensor working / turned on

niggy0

when i first place my ulysse auto into reverse there is a prominent beep from the parking sensor as the gear is engaged, but after that there is no noise at all from the sensors - as i am on my own, is there any way to check if the sensors are turned off/on at all, without tme selecting a gear and applying the handbrake really tight ( as i don't have a death wish). How else do i fix this problem
Cheers
Nige

Seems to me the best way is to engage reverse and back slowly up to a hedge or whatever (something soft that is!). If your sensor system is working you'll get a warning! If it isn't you'll hit the obstacle.

:)Or am I missing the point? I would have thought it's pretty obvious if it was working or not:confused:

basically i have never heard it beep other than start up - being a semi-good driver i can reverse within 1 -2 foot of an obstacle.
that is why i am unsure if the sensors are on, but the initial beeping makes me think that would be on - now i cannot belive that all the sensors would be damaged at the same time?

Do they engage if the engine isn't running but with ignition on, then you put it into Reverse gear ?

If so, then go around the back of the car and put your hand in the way....

no it won't select gear unless the engine is on - however a neighbour of mine just helped me check, and there is no difference when he covered each of the sensors in turn.
Does anybody have any suggestions what may be the problem/cure.
Nige.

from what i can tell there is a strong steady stream of fluid onto the washer - so i don't think it has leaked onto the ecu -

there is a strong stream onto the wipers , both reverse lamps are working fine - however what is the easiest way to check the ecu?

If you have a tow bar, check if there is a converter connected in the power outlet. E.g. a 13 to 7 pin converter. If anything is connected to the power outlet, the sensors are turned off. Which sounds logical: who would need beeping sensors if a caravan is at your back? :rolleyes:

FlodNar.

Back