is it best to use cheap oil or not do a oil change?

Currently reading:
is it best to use cheap oil or not do a oil change?

"of all things to skimp on, I can't beleive anyone who gives half a toss about their motor wouldn't at least stretch to some decent oil!"

cheap oil or ****y old oil? cheap oil every time!!

and please i give more than half a toss about my car!! its the fact that i have had the car serviced 4 times in 2 years by fiat and in these two years i have only done 19k, this along with spending £1500+ on repairs and the car coming to five years old i thought i would save some money on my oil change, this along with doing it my self!! my brava has never wanted for anything every time it needs or needed something doing to it, it's beeen done and 90% of the time done by fiat (who over charge)rant over :)!!

BTW i have brought some carlube 10w40 tonight

that'll do. its semi-synthetic is it?
any new oil and filter is better than the dirty old stuff. it starts to break down with use, and time, so doesn't do what its supposed to.

good decision to change it, just remember to do the oil filter too ;)

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4, and owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page

yeah i have got to pick up a oil filter later today and then im gona do it saturday!

will i need a new copper washer? as i dont want any leaks!!

I've used Magnatec for about 5 yrs now - problem free. At this juncture, I frantically touch wood.

i got my hgt's oil changed at a fiat main dealer but didn't think to check what they would have used. would it have been selenia 20k or something else?

the oil i have brought how can i tell if its a semi synthetic? it dont say,from what i can rember,here is a pik of it. dont mind if its a mineral oil as it will only be for about 3k till the next oil change!

carlube.jpg

Fiat Brava 1.2SX Formula 47k
fiat1233.jpg