Technical Instrument clust bulb

Currently reading:
Technical Instrument clust bulb

Laston10

Hi, I have just taken my 500 twin air to the dealers because of a clutch problem which is being repaired under warrenty - while I was there I mentioned that the light for the heater dial goes our intermittently and comes back on if I bash it (gently). I was told that this was the bulb and they are not covered under warrenty, I can apprieciate a bulb would not be covered but is this the bulb?? if a bulb blows at home, it certainly does not come back on again.

I know this next comment sounds a bit feminest but... I am female and was not sure if the guy at the dealership was taking me seriously - can anyone advise me? At the moment I have just told the dealership to leave it, if I am going to have to pay £50 labour to change a £1 bulb, I am going to wait until it actually goes out for good.

Hi, I have just taken my 500 twin air to the dealers because of a clutch problem which is being repaired under warrenty - while I was there I mentioned that the light for the heater dial goes our intermittently and comes back on if I bash it (gently). I was told that this was the bulb and they are not covered under warrenty, I can apprieciate a bulb would not be covered but is this the bulb?? if a bulb blows at home, it certainly does not come back on again.

Sounds like a loose connection, contact Fiat customer care and say your not happy with response from the dealer and explain why, should hopefully get the ball rolling (y)

Or, if you don't want some Neanderthal pawing at your dash, search the forum and find out how to easily sort it yourself :)

I know this next comment sounds a bit feminest but... I am female and was not sure if the guy at the dealership was taking me seriously - can anyone advise me? At the moment I have just told the dealership to leave it, if I am going to have to pay £50 labour to change a £1 bulb, I am going to wait until it actually goes out for good.
This is normal. It goes on and off until it goes off completely. Just change it yourself, its really simple. It has happened to me 2 times so far in the 3.5 years I have owned the car!

Back