Technical injectors

Currently reading:
Technical injectors

Hello all,
I just hope I'm posting in the correct place!
Does anyone have a diagram of the electrical circuit for the 2014 lounge injector system?( petrol 1.2 8v).
I'm getting codes 0201...0202...0204....and also a misfire code for cylinder 2.
The 02 codes are indication open circuit on injectors 1..2...and 4.
I don't know how to interpret these codes because the car starts and runs but i can definitely hear the misfire in the exhaust when the engine is running.
I'm wondering if the injectors need replacing.
I've done a resistance test on the injectors whilst theyre in the car and all 4 have a reading of 13.8 Ohms...Does anyone know what this reading should be?
Thanks
Moo

Hi dont know the values but my car had a misfire i could hear in the exhaust too,kinda like a stumbling ! the idle speed felt to low ,and the low speed running was lumpy! you could feel the rough running as a shudder through the base of the seat ! changing the injector rail cured it but i suspect it was only one of the actual injectors that was faulty! If you have similar symptoms then it could well be the injectors!

Hi dont know the values but my car had a misfire i could hear in the exhaust too,kinda like a stumbling ! the idle speed felt to low ,and the low speed running was lumpy! you could feel the rough running as a shudder through the base of the seat ! changing the injector rail cured it but i suspect it was only one of the actual injectors that was faulty! If you have similar symptoms then it could well be the injectors!
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I think a set of injectors...the cheap chinese sort...is about £60 on ebay for 4....I could put 4 in the engine tomorrow...but how long will they last?
I really wanted to know the root cause of the problem in case it happens again in the future... to be truthful I'd sooner put genuine ones back in but theyre really expensive.
The car was running really smoothly and then one morning it just decided to be rough...I'd like to know why!
I've just got my ELM 327 box and cable registered about an hour ago...I'm hoping this will offer up some clues.
Thanks again Steve.

To be honest i just bought a used set of E-bay complete with the rail for about £45 think you would have to be quite unlucky to buy a used set and find a wrong un in there buy from a good well known supplier such as club 500 Italia and you should be ok!.
Do you have any of the other symptoms i mentioned? .
Hopefully multi ecu scan will help you pin things down! post up your results!.

To be honest i just bought a used set of E-bay complete with the rail for about £45 think you would have to be quite unlucky to buy a used set and find a wrong un in there buy from a good well known supplier such as club 500 Italia and you should be ok!.
Do you have any of the other symptoms i mentioned? .
Hopefully multi ecu scan will help you pin things down! post up your results!.
Yes....I have open circuit injectors 1..2..4...and misfire on cylinder 2...
I got this info from another reader.....
Hopefully I'll get more detail from the ELM tomorrow.
I might well go down the second hand route if I can't get to the bottom of things...
Ive had a few items from club italia ...quality genuine oarts ,,,and Neil is a genuinely nice fella.

Yes....I have open circuit injectors 1..2..4...and misfire on cylinder 2...
I got this info from another reader.....
Hopefully I'll get more detail from the ELM tomorrow.
I might well go down the second hand route if I can't get to the bottom of things...
Ive had a few items from club italia ...quality genuine oarts ,,,and Neil is a genuinely nice fella.
Let us know whats what! (y)

Hi, most injectors (petrol) average approx 15ohms...so yours can't be open circuit (imho).for a scanner to report o/c on all 4 would probably lead to wiring etc?....can u check voltage at inj. with key on engine off? voltage should flow through the injector....so 12v both sides...the injector operates by the car's ecu/computer 'rapidly earthing' one side.
hth-yann.

OK found the reason for the misfire in cylinder 2...
Removed the plug to find there was no gap at all!...
Replaced the plugs with new Bosch ones and the misfire has gone.
Still showing open circuit on 1..2..and 4 injectors .....it says ....'Short circuit to ground ....intermittent.'....I'm still wondering if its the injectors themselves that are on the way out?
Hi, most injectors (petrol) average approx 15ohms...so yours can't be open circuit (imho).for a scanner to report o/c on all 4 would probably lead to wiring etc?....can u check voltage at inj. with key on engine off? voltage should flow through the injector....so 12v both sides...the injector operates by the car's ecu/computer 'rapidly earthing' one side.
hth-yann.
Thanks for reply the Yaan.
What a dunce I am!!!
I'm going to make a confession now....throw your rotten old vegetables and eggs at me if you like.
Earlier on this evening I had my MES software rebooted/reinstalled remotely by the fella who sells them...and a grand fella he is too.
Now that the scanner is working properly (it had some connection probem or other yesterday) I decided to try to clear the codes...something I havent tried with this diagnostic tool before.
And..........Hey Presto no more fault codes!
A few weeks ago I'd been doing some work on the car and thought that maybe I'd caused the problems/damage by replacing the gear cables...I thought that I'd disturbed or broken something whilst removing the ECU cable connectors on the battery holder. (which I'd done a couple of times)...

We only bought the car a couple of months ago but knew of the gear lever problem...turned out to be a broken cable....so I replaced them.
Shortly after putting everything back together (gears work lovely now btw) this misfiring and spluttering starts....so I checked the ECU with my bluedriver diagnostic tool but I never tried to clear the codes...I left them on to make sure I could go back to them whilst trying to remedy the causes..silly me!
Anyway....earlier on today I changed the plugs and the misfire disappeared.
Tonight I hooked the rebooted MES tool up and decided to clear all the codes....
I switched the car on and revved it a little...turned it off then rescanned it and no codes....I repeated the sequence and no codes!
I'm going to give it a run tomorrow and then check it all again...Fingers crossed they've gone for good.
I'm wondering if those codes have been on since before we bought the car?
Then again surely there'd have been an engine management light on? ...and the engine was running sweetly when we bought it.
Perhaps coincidence paired with bad luck?....heavens knows.
It sounds lovely again on the driveway now anyway.
I'd like to say thanks to you and Steve for helping out with your kind advice.
I'll give a BRIEF update tomorrow.
Moo

Last edited:
Still showing open circuit on 1..2..and 4 injectors .....it says ....'Short circuit to ground ....intermittent.'....I'm still wondering if its the injectors themselves that are on the way out?

Thanks for reply the Yaan.
What a dunce I am!!!
I'm going to make a confession now....throw your rotten old vegetables and eggs at me if you like.
Earlier on this evening I had my MES software rebooted/reinstalled remotely by the fella who sells them...and a grand fella he is too.
Now that the scanner is working properly (it had some connection probem or other yesterday) I decided to try to clear the codes...something I havent tried with this diagnostic tool before.
And..........Hey Presto no more fault codes!
A few weeks ago I'd been doing some work on the car and thought that maybe I'd caused the problems/damage by replacing the gear cables...I thought that I'd disturbed or broken something whilst removing the ECU cable connectors on the battery holder. (which I'd done a couple of times)...

We only bought the car a couple of months ago but knew of the gear lever problem...turned out to be a broken cable....so I replaced them.
Shortly after putting everything back together (gears work lovely now btw) this misfiring and spluttering starts....so I checked the ECU with my bluedriver diagnostic tool but I never tried to clear the codes...I left them on to make sure I could go back to them whilst trying to remedy the causes..silly me!
Anyway....earlier on today I changed the plugs and the misfire disappeared.
Tonight I hooked the rebooted MES tool up and decided to clear all the codes....
I switched the car on and revved it a little...turned it off then rescanned it and no codes....I repeated the sequence and no codes!
I'm going to give it a run tomorrow and then check it all again...Fingers crossed they've gone for good.
I'm wondering if those codes have been on since before we bought the car?
Then again surely there'd have been an engine management light on? ...and the engine was running sweetly when we bought it.
Perhaps coincidence paired with bad luck?....heavens knows.
It sounds lovely again on the driveway now anyway.
I'd like to say thanks to you and Steve for helping out with your kind advice.
I'll give a BRIEF update tomorrow.
Moo
Sometimes its the strangest things 🤔 + a dose of WTF!🤪 great that its sorted now(y) lets hope it stays that way!:rolleyes: but it is a Fiat so dont hold your breath!😂

Sometimes its the strangest things 🤔 + a dose of WTF!🤪 great that its sorted now(y) lets hope it stays that way!:rolleyes: but it is a Fiat so dont hold your breath!😂
cheers mukka!

cheers mukka!
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) 🤣😜

Back