General Information re fuel cap

Currently reading:
General Information re fuel cap

It took 2 days and he needed my original (spare) key to test the cap, i had it done while the car was waiting in the shop (waiting for a new year and its reg.) 01-01-07.
But it can be done anytime.
The reason (as told here in holland) Fiat took out the locking fuelcap is that to many people had trouble with opening it (big hands).
The seicento also has lost its locking cap here in holland when they started to call it 600 (last 2 years)
There is also a anti siphoning thingy installed, as menitoned earlyer so stealing petrol is difficult thru-out the filling hole.
But because i wasn't affraid of stealing petrol but from jealous people putting $#it in my tank i looked for the locking one.
I will call my dealer this weekend to ask him is he can make caps and send them to GB but i think he will need your key??!!?

greetz
Driveseis

Yes I know they would require the spare key...
I just couldn't get a fuel cap with the right type of lock barrel (the flat ignition key type as opposed to the key with the serrated edge) here... I know of a place in the UK which can change the pins within the lock to make it match up with the key. I was originally going to use them, but couldn't as the lock barrel was wrong.

Back