Technical indicators do not work when i open or close the car

Currently reading:
Technical indicators do not work when i open or close the car

Sneeky

hi all,

last February i bougt my black bravo 1.9 Multijet Sport from 2007 with 75000 kilometers
with this my dream become true.
The only thing i don't like is that the indicator lights are not flashing when i open or close the car.
i allready went to the garage to change the settings in the body computer but he doesn't want to change it.

I heard that some models 2007 have the same problem but no one can help me to fix this.

so if anyone knows, i should like it

greetz, Peter

The alarm and central locking functions are normally linked together.

With the correct equipement you can change which country mode your alarm is set to operate and also in some case aditionally control the indicators.

Here in the UK our Cromas beep and flash the indicators. Other country setting will perform differently. Country Mode will probably also change how long the alarm sounds for etc.

Below is what can be done with MultiECUScan. Any Fiat dealer or larger garage with decent coverage EOBD diagnostic kit should also be able to program as well. NOTE! You will neen yor cars security code.

MultiECUSCan
----------------
Indicators Command
-----------------------
Enable/Disable the flashing of direction indicators when locking/unlocking the doors with remote key.
NOTE: This function is not available in all countries. Use the 'Alarm mode' function to change countries.
WARNING: You will need to enter the electronic key code of your vehicle in order to execute this function. You can find this code on your vehicle's code card. Please be careful and note that the Body Computer will block itself for 30 minutes after an incorrect code is entered 3 times.
NOTE: This function is not supported on all ECUs.

Alarm Mode
-------------
This function allows setting of the following country standards:
0 - Alarm inhibited
1 - EEC
2 - UK
3 - Belgium
4 - Holland
5 - World
WARNING: You will need to enter the electronic key code of your vehicle in order to execute this function. You can find this code on your vehicle's code card. Please be careful and note that the Body Computer will block itself for 30 minutes after an incorrect code is entered 3 times.

Thanks for the reply s130.
My bravo has no alarm system so if i want to change the country setting he says it's not possible .
My car is programmed EEC.
The other way to change it, in body, active diagnoses,Enable/Disable the flashing of direction indicators with the electrical code is not working :-(

A cheap Citroen may well have rust and a French pedigree. Do you want those too? ;)

One thing they do seem to get right is the galvanising. My wife's 13 year old Xsara Picasso is spotless. It's about as much fun to drive as being stabbed but in four years of ownership it's been faultless so I can't really justify changing it.

Back