Importing a car from Russia

Currently reading:
Importing a car from Russia

Does anyone know a company that will handle purchase and importing a car from Russia (individual sale)?

It is a 1997 Bravo, and drive-able.
I will be stripping it for parts when it gets here I will never be driving it on the roads.

Or any advice people may have from experience.

Id rather get the parts I want on a couple of pallets, but that means the guy selling has to strip it and probably more risky for me if it never turns up.

Good question Arc :)

Id like to build a 5 Cylinder 20 Valve 4WD 1996 Fiat Bravo, I think it would be a very cool project, it would be using many transmition parts shared with the Lancia Delta EVO's. To the best of my research I have found you would need various parts from, Lancia Prizma 4x4 and a Lancia Dedra with very little fabrication needed to complete the project.

Finding 4x4 Lancia Prizma's and Dedra's isnt easy here ofcourse, plus these are going to be premium price parts.

Well while doing some research I found a chap in Russia has just finnished this very project and wants to sell it. Since I posted I found out its £6,500 he wanted and it just sold so I wont be bothering with that.

Here is his project with lots of pictures (best viewd in IE and your best off clicking the title of each entry to bring up the photos correctly)
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.drive2.ru/cars/fiat/bravo/bravo_i/rudi683/journal/%3Fsort%3Dasc%26page%3D2&usg=ALkJrhheeLhyYgK-H5Ob5lfytE6pafcAyA#pager

And here is a video of the car.

Because of parts availablility Ive been starting to think importing a couple of cars or parts would be the only way for the 4x4 project to happen. Ive seem some of the subframes id need for sale in France recently.

The other good project would be a Alfa V6 in a Bravo thats been done many times. It would be heavy at the front ofcourse but I think still a very nice car. Would probably turn out to handle something like the Alfa 147 GTA (those are around 10k for good examples) reviews report understeer and torqsteer but theres a better Alfa Q2 differential you can fit to help.

Both projects are great but the 4x4 really stands out as something I would like to do.

Last edited:
Back