Technical I have my ELM + cables+Software..

Currently reading:
Technical I have my ELM + cables+Software..

been thinking on this code for key myself..but most will do from good quality digital camera pic that you either upload or attach/send in email..so no need to worry on it, also been thinking on that it may be hidden in part of blade not visible so have to take my spare apart and see if there is a code on the blade of that one and then know then where it is ..perhaps some one with more knowledge will pop their thoughts..but not worry and just send pic as some will send the code when they send key..going send email to chap and ask if they supply code they cut key to from doing it from pic.. need to get one myself for emergency too many frozen bits n bobs last winter so handy to be prepared ..and no I was not in the scouts with my bit of string and safety pin

ah yes now you mention it i did see an AD on Ebay stating they could cut a key from a pic...HOW I have no idea!!! I think i will give it a go though, and feed back to you all when i get the copy....

I guess if they had a picture they could zoom in/out until it was as close a match to the real keys size so they could cut it as accurately as possible?

Regarding the key "code"...if you look on the side of the blade there is a code just up from the end of the cut, mine starts with a letter followed by three numbers, maybe that's it?

#
im not sure, the key number on mine is A602, but i THINK thats the BLADE TYPE, as opposed to the cut....

from what I have been reading from the key cutters that will do by picture the key code starts with letter "D" and another letter, as I have the A602 on my blade and spare secondhand key also as you say must be some sort of blade type code and not the actual code of cut of key, going to do a pic of mine and give it a try of sending to get cut from pic seems to be quite common to get it cut from a picture and far cheaper than genuine fiat cut blade , even without transponder which can do without just so long can get car to fiat dealer should my working transponder go pooh.

When you buy the car's security codes from a Fiat dealer, you should get:

The mechanical code for cutting a key blade.

The electronic code for making security related changes to the body computer and performing the emergency start procedure.

The radio code.

Attachments

• Key Code.jpg
    Key Code.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 27
yes seen that in handbook somewhere , which all codes were blank on mine had the radio code in the stereo handbook, so when went to fiat to get electronic code , never thought at time to ask about mechanical code so was just given electronic code that I asked for, suppose if I go and ask for mechanical code they will charge another £35,, so going to see if can get the code sent with key when try getting blade cut from the one I have which be cheaper than heading to fiat and be another £35 lighter..unless they should of given me both codes when I went and paid for my electronic code

Back