how do you clean your car?

Currently reading:
how do you clean your car?

Poor guys is going around doing all these jobs he hasn't any time to get any. And when he does have the time he has a zero energy level! :D

LOL, true, but at least my car looks good..... i know which i prefer!!

:D :D :D

Errrr, let's see 10 seconds of extreme bliss = dirty car OR 2 hours of cleaning the car = pristine car.....gimme a filthy car anyday :D

Bravos not such a big car, takes 1 hr max to wash n wax, don't forget thats only once a week ;)

Hand Job with my wife :slayer: :worship: :D :tosser:
Nah I wash the car with turtle wax soap if the car has been washed and waxed by me before. If not I use Morrisons Own cheap make.

If there are any tar spots or fly/bird bits I cant just wipe off I use G3 Polishing compound and ocasionally watered down T-Cut and wipe them away.
then I wash those areas down with whatever I washed the car with in the first place and clean the door shuts and pillars then under the boot lip and bonnet shut lines.

If the alloys or the wheeltrims are looking realy scruffy Normally the first time i have washed the car. I will take them off and G3 Compound them then wash them.

and then finally The most fun part, Wax and Polish the glass. I use that wonderfull cleaning solution on the windows so the water just runns off and at the same time i check the water bottle for liquid. And to make sure no soap is in the at all. ONLY water. If you screen is clean you only need some pure water to wash it.
and I use The hard Meguiars http://www.meguiars.co.uk Car wax overt the whole car and then polish it off. I then just to finish the car off put boot polish or clean up the black plastic work where any polish has got on there.

I do occasionally use the presure washer for cleaning but refuse to take it out of the shed in this area as its not a cheap one and there are some thiefs about in my new street....

rinse
traffic film remover
rinse
more traffic film
rinse
wash and wax
rinse
wash and wax
rinse
squiggy off with a hydro flexible blade
leather
o and lots of elbow greese

butch1987 said:
im a valeter i clean mine by jetting the thick of the dirt off then sponge it with a wash and wax(dnt use fairy liquid it scratches the paint) then jet it off then get a shammy (leather) depending wot u call it and dry it with that and then polish it and i would use autoglym i find there stuff is really good and i always polish the windows and give it a gud hoover and then use tyre wall paint
I'm a valeter too! i do mine the same way only difference is tyre shine instead of paint! :)
Also find that using body polish on side windows is better for when it's gonna rain. A little bit of petrol on a rag also gets rid of tar without resorting to cutting compounds, not recommended on paint that hasn't fully hardened! I'd never use a hydro blade on my own car, if they pick up the tiniest bit of grit or anything welcome to scratchville! :(

Last edited:
If it's a Doblo:

Wash the lower bits of the car (under the rubbing strips) with a bucket and sponge, with some Autoglym stuff in it.

Ditto the bits around the rear wiper, badges and things.

Ditto around the door mirrors.

Get another bucket and do the wheels (piggy things) with another sponge.

Twice a year clean the inside of the windows with a drop of fairy liquid and then buff them up.

Drive to local car wash.

Buy ticket.

Drive to machine.

Fold mirrors and remove aerial.

Go through machine.

Unfold mirrors and replace aerial.

Once a year it gets serviced and they hoover the inside then.

Done. It'll then rain and can wait another month.

stilo1sttimer said:
WOTS CLEANING? CARS ARE MEANT TO B DRIVEN NOT LOOK NICE:nutter:

:yeahthat: approximately (y) Last Stilo wash wax in a bucket with sponge and hosepipe sometimes and car wash the rest of the time... New Stilo has towbar so car wash misses a strip down the back of the car (n) More regular hand washing may be on the cards... :cry:

Hoover it out properly, use interior car wipes to do all of the dash and stuff, then i take it down the Pay as you go jetwash, its really good, you get 6 minutes for £2

You can use;

Tyre and Wheel Cleaner
Hot Shampoo
Brush which spits out hot shampoo as you brush it
High pressure rinse
spot free rinse
wax

It is a really good jet washing system, if anyone lives in Gateshead it is at the BP garage down the bottom of Sherrif Hill bank.. :cool:

I cleaned and polished the Alfa yesterday, I may have spent upto 3 hours doing it although some of that was waiting for the polish to set, drinking coffee and arsing about in the garage.

• Washed the bodywork down with AG Bodywork Conditioner - shampoo by any other name.
  • Cleaned the alloys with Turtlewax Zip Wax and a tescos wheel brush(cheaper than the above!)
  • Dried the bodywork with a Microfibre cloth.
  • Polished the alloys with AG Super Resin Polish - I've found it effective at removing stuborn stuff and helps protect the wheels.
  • Polished the bodywork with AG Ultra Deep Shine - good stuff but an arse to put on and remove.
  • Treated black plastics with AG Bumper Care - I was surprised how black the unpainted mirrors looked after putting this stuff on. One of my favourite car care products.
  • Polished the glass with a slightly abbrasive glass cleaner called something like palmbeach, can't remember was given it free but it's effective.
  • Tyres dressed with Turtlewax Extreme Tyre Gel - good stuff and bought 2 for 1.
All in all a reasonable clean, still under drought order so my pressure washer wasn't used. I'd like to do a more extensive clean, polish and wax before winter really sets in.

first i vacuum inside and use paper towels and mr.muscle to clean the windows.

ont he exterior i use pressure washer to blast thick dirt, dust, bird droppings etc,

then i use a bucket full of water and turtle wax shampoo and a broom with soft bristles to wash the car itself.

I use this golve i got (made by JML) to dry the windows so i dont get water marks.

i never washt the car in the sum to avoid water marks. (this is easy because there isnt any sun in bristol)

Bristol water is very,very hard (as in it contains lots of calcium carbonate impurities) this can leave the worst water marks.

I then shammy the car to dry it and then t-wax the whole car, apart from the windows obviously. I sometimes also use the hosepipe to was under the bonnet (avoiding the battery and alternator and other electrics)

Lazy method- I avoid the dirty work by taking mine to the jet wash first!
I use the soft brush, followed by hot shampoo, followed by pressure rinse to take it all off, then run it up the road (1 minute away) where I dry it with a cotton cloth (an old t shirt ripped up); t wax it and do the alloys seperately with alloy cleaner, then nip round the inside with the vac and clean the inside of the windows with the proper glass cleaner. I do this every morning before work.

N.B. -Scotland has lovely soft water, so water marks aren't really a problem, and buffing the t wax takes any away anyhoo!

Here's what I do;
When you get the car if it's new just wash with car shampoo for first month, (to let the paint harden) then cut with 4000 grade Autoglym, then wax with Autoglym resin polish following directions on the bottle,:cool: then wash every week with car shampoo. After washing rinse then leather dry with chamois leather. Use a fresh bucket of water for rinsing and keep the chamois clean and damp. ( the artifical ones seem to work a well as the real thing.) Always keep a lot of water on the sponge and wash from the top (cleaner) to the bottom ( dirtier). Do the wheels last. You may find with fiddly alloy wheels that seperate bucket a bottle of washing up liquid and an old flexy head tooth brush are needed. it may be worth washing off mud with an old sponge and LOTs of water if there is a lot on the car. I do the windows in and out with a seperate clean water bucket after leathering the roof(no point if dirty water is going to get on them as you leather the roof. . If you are a fanatic crack the windows open and do the edges. If they do not come up well then borrow Mums window cleaner and dusters/gauze. Don't work in full sun on a hot day, however you can get good results in light rain! Repeat the resin wax once a year. For the every week wash I use Comma el cheapo car shampoo which needs hot water to work properly.
To do the foundation inc. resin takes a day and gives you good workout. Once you have done the hard work you can have it sparkling in 1/2 hour provided you do it regularly.

Back