General Hole in 100hp gear shift gaiter

Currently reading:
General Hole in 100hp gear shift gaiter

Had a new one fitted but main dealer foc a month ago, this one then split and had another fitted last week.

Both look horrible compared to the Original kit and one of the panels on the RHS is reinforced and this doesn't help the look.

May go the Tbay route in the end!

Last edited:
I fitted mine (leather one off ebay) another way.

The original gaiter can be removed without taking the gear know off. Just split the gaiter on two opposite sides along the sewn seam using a sharp razor blade. Split about and inch.

This will make the narrow hole large enough to slip around the gear kno when you are pulling it free.

If you split the leather gaiter the same way, it can easily slip over the gear knob.

Once on, all you have to do is sew the seams back up and cable tie the end.

Ya mines has a 30cm crack across the front. There is a slight fold created when the gear shift is forward position that has caused it. Poor materials IMO.

It's not ripped yet but won't take much to tear...
I may just do what farnbo:ROFLMAO:yer did

I had a 25mm 'split' on a seam, so I reversed the gaiter, and glued a piece of fabric over the seam (as a patch). I used silicone to stick the item...........nearly perfect!!

:)ian

I don't want to change the interior look so a bit or reinforcement to stop it tearing should do the trick.. Now i hope it's just a few clicks to get the gaiter reversed.. Cheers helpful thread

Back