Hi to all

Currently reading:
Hi to all

Hi to all.

A month ago I bought 2007 Panda 4x4, 1,2L Petrol/LPG with 235000km.
So far I did small and big service (oil and all filters, belt, water pump, etc). Tomorrow I am doing next part of service, replacing two rear differential mounts (only one is really bad, but I ordered both of them) and clutch. I am replacing whole clutch set, because I have small rattle noise when I fully press clutch pedal, and I believe the clutch bearing is bad, so I am replacing all the parts.

Since I bought it, I have done around 600km, some of it on bad mountain roads, when I go hunting. The weather is insanely nice for this time of year, so I haven't tried it on snow or real mud, but I found a few muddy patches of hill, and not once I felt wheels slipping. 4x4 works great and the car is very capable. I am really positively surprised about this little car, and it is by far the smallest car I have ever owned. Beside Panda, I own Opel Insignia Grand sport, which is 1,36m longer :)

Anyway, I found this forum very interesting and informative so far.

Not as suprised as you will be if you face bad conditions. Then, it will astound you! Check the gearbox input shaft bearing and oil seal when replacing the clutch. Both jobs to do at the same time, neither will break the bank and neither very hard to do.See previous posts on these. Do try the search facility on here too.

Welcome to the Fiat Forum.

Thank you for advice.
I will look into it.

As I found out, when replacing the clutch, I need to replace the gearbox oil. I mean, it doesn't need replacing, but it needs to be drained, and it doesn't hurt to put in a new one, since we are doing all that.

Back