General Help.........

Currently reading:
General Help.........

Johnnygooner

Please help me. I have 2 problems, 1 bad, 1 minor. 1st, I have a Uno 999 cc, F reg, and theres no petrol getting to the carb. Ive replaced the petrol pump, and still no petrol comes through....HELP ME.
2nd, Easy one this, How do you get the headrests of the front seats? Ive tried pulling, pushing, kicking and screaming, HELP ME......
Thanks,
John....

blocked fuel filter?
Crushed pipe under the car?
muck in the bottom of the tank?

Regarding filters - there might be one on the carb inlet, in addition to one in the pipework (under the bonnet).

Check it in separate sections - disconnect the pipe from the carb, see if the pump will deliver fuel out of the pipe: be ready to catch the fuel ..B)

or

Try disconnecting the pipe from the tank side of the pump and blowing back into the tank to see if it's blocked that way.

Can't remember the headrest setup - it's years since we had a UNO.

Headrests retained by clips on the stalks. Unhook the seat back cover at the bottom rear and look up inside with a torch.

Rgds, Pete.

Thanks, headrests now off. However, other problem seems weird. Car now starts and drives ok, then all of a sudden it just stops. No petrol getting through, after waiting 5-10 minutes, it starts again. However I can only drive for about 5 minutes before it cuts out again........PLEASE HELP>

Are you absolutely sure it's lack of fuel, and not a lack of spark??

If it's lack of spark, and you have the electronic distributor module (rather than a set of points)
....I had some fun on one of the Pandas:

https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1746

hmmm. could be a blocked fuel tank breather hose. Theory here - as you drive you draw petrol out of the tank. If you can't get air in to replace the volume of fuel used, the tank will go under suction to the point where the pump can no longer pump fuel out. Cue the 5 minute wait until the vacuum subsides - next time it cuts out try removing the petrol cap and listen for air being drawn in. Happened to me on a Metro - turned out to be a faulty vent in the petrol cap itself. With mine, you actually heard a 'Boing' noise as the fuel tank started to collapse[:0] then again when you took the cap off and it 'relaxed'

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

Thanks to all of you, here are some answers to your questions. Yes it happens when im driving, it just dies on me. I dont think its electrical as ive checked all plugs leads and the dizzy, And yes i do hear air coming out of the tank, however once the petrol cap is off, and or replaced, it still does not start....
Thanks again, but PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

When it stops you can be absolutely sure there's a spark by having an old (but good) spark plug with you and putting it on the longest lead - with the threads against the engine you can see a spark on cranking if it's all OK.

It's really a 2 man job, and well insulated pliers help too
DevilEek.gif
but you get the idea..

Back