Technical Help with our 500

Currently reading:
Technical Help with our 500

Hi everyone.

Can anyone offer any help?
My friend has a 61 Plate 0.9 Twin Air 500 Lounge.
It has had it's steering wheel unit changed twice from new.

She has a recurring issue that fiat cannot diagnose and keep fobbing her off telling her its fine. Basically when the car is idling the revs are erratic, it's chuggering and constantly displays check engine. It's been back to the main dealers 4 times each time they give her the same old, 'nothing is wrong'

Can anyone shed any light on the situation and give a suggestion as to what's happening?

Not sure what the steering wheel problem has been but the other problem sounds like coil pack or RPM sensor issue.
If you don't get any joy from the dealer, take it to a different one.
If the engine fault light comes on it will be recorded on the ECU so they cant really say there is no problem. It's clear from the ECU that there is a problem and that it's recorded.
Hope it gets fixed soon.

Not sure what the steering wheel problem has been but the other problem sounds like coil pack or RPM sensor issue.

From previous experience with my TA Lounge, I'd go along with coil pack. Once replaced everything was fine.

Hi everyone.

Can anyone offer any help?
My friend has a 61 Plate 0.9 Twin Air 500 Lounge.
It has had it's steering wheel unit changed twice from new.

She has a recurring issue that fiat cannot diagnose and keep fobbing her off telling her its fine. Basically when the car is idling the revs are erratic, it's chuggering and constantly displays check engine. It's been back to the main dealers 4 times each time they give her the same old, 'nothing is wrong'

Can anyone shed any light on the situation and give a suggestion as to what's happening?

Hi GazSmith,

Fraid i can't offer any advice on the fault. However I would definitely recommend getting on to the dealer and asking to speak to the DET (dealer expert technician) explaining in detail what the problems you have. That was a good bit of advice I found out on here a while ago(y)

If your dealer won't allow that, then I think you have to get Fiat Customer Services involved. A 61 plate car shouldn't be behaving as you described though, no way.

Best of luck with it all though.

Back