Technical help with gearbox/clutch

Currently reading:
Technical help with gearbox/clutch

bazvw205

ok so I don't have a ulysse but it is a synergie so the same, basically it was driving perfect the other day no wierd noises or anything, when i come to change gear I pressed the clutch and it just stayed down, I pulled it up by hand and it was rock hard, when I got it home I checked the slave cylinder and i was already extended as if the clutch is pressed but it isn't as it doesnt go in gear, a mechanic said the dmf could have failed, is that usual? also when the engine is off it will go in every gear apart from 1st, any ideas please???

Would you like to give a bit more info? what year , what engine etc etc, I don't think the early Synergie has a DMF. you get back what you put in!:eek:

Would you like to give a bit more info? what year , what engine etc etc, I don't think the early Synergie has a DMF. you get back what you put in!:eek:

Sorry it would help! its a 2000 w reg, 2.0hdi. it had a clutch in the 12 months piror to me buying it but I don't think by looking at the invoice that the dmf was changed

I would suspect the clutch master cylinder at the pedal, they do give problems sometimes

The master cylinder could be depressed fully hence the slave cylinder extended. Bleed the slave a see if it returns.

Just tried that and I had to push the slave bak in myself, as soon as i let it go though it pulls back out? Even when the hydraulic system is open

I still suspect the master cylinder, have you removed it and had a look? Thats where I would start

just thought I would update this, the pressure plate had actually failed, so I 've fitted a new clutch but still can't get 1st gear, my mechanic told me the gearbox was gone, surely I can't be unlucky enough for the pressure plate and gearbox to go at the same time?? :(

very unlikely I would've thought. Can you get reverse ok?

Every gear is ok apart from 1st, I did ask whether in my frustration when it broke I've managed to bend a link rod but was told no, but I think its got to the p@#s taking stage from the mechanic now as he seems to think the gearbox, pressure plate and DMF has gone! All in a press of the pedal with no warning signs beforehand whatsoever :mad:

Back