Tuning HELP!! No throttle response / problems accelerating!

Currently reading:
Tuning HELP!! No throttle response / problems accelerating!

Ok, but I just think its strange that when the MAF is disconnected, the car runs fine and there is no hesitation. But as soon as I connect it again I get the stutter at 2k rpm.
I reckon the EGR is fine now, well id hope so as its a brand new part lol!
Its gotta be the MAF, I used to have an aftermarket induction kit but recently changed it back to the original air box and filter, the noise from it was starting to annoy me lol. Could this of caused damage/oil to get onto the sensor then? Cheers for the reply... Sean

Ok, but I just think its strange that when the MAF is disconnected, the car runs fine and there is no hesitation. But as soon as I connect it again I get the stutter at 2k rpm.
I reckon the EGR is fine now, well id hope so as its a brand new part lol!
Its gotta be the MAF, I used to have an aftermarket induction kit but recently changed it back to the original air box and filter, the noise from it was starting to annoy me lol. Could this of caused damage/oil to get onto the sensor then? Cheers for the reply... Sean

Ah, you didn't say you'd replaced it, just that the old one was full of crud.

It is possible it's the MAF, but disconnecting it causes the ECU to substitute in a default 'safe' value and disables certain systems (including the EGR), so it's not a guaranteed test. I'm not saying it isn't the MAF, just hard to confirm without the data. ;)

Hey right, I have officially blanked off the EGR, drives great now... But now I have an orange engine management light come on the dash.. Tried switching car off and on again and its still there! What now??
Really not having much luck lately with this car! =/

It runs great! Runs the best its been in a long time. Just hate having the orange light of doom on the dash, it makes me paranoid haha. Like, now that lights on, what if something else is about to go horribly wrong!! =/

Its just telling you the EGR is non functional, biggest problem is that as the light is on, it cant warn you of any other impending doom...

Personal opinion? If you have a new EGR on take the blanking plate off. Run the car with injector cleaner in the tank for a few fill-ups.

New EGR fixed all the issues my clogged up EGR presented.

Ah ok, i could do that or i'm guessing i could just go to a fiat dealer and get the warning lamp/error code cleared then.

After all, not only you guys recommended blanking it, but so did the fiat dealership near me... if anything goes wrong because of blanking it, i'll just shove the blame onto them haha. The funny thing was they seem to think that this was a problem not many people knew about and they reckon blanking it off is a simple fix that not many people know about, hense why they make their own blanking plate which can be fitted when these problems occur.... they obviously haven't been on any fiat or alfa forums lol.
Since doing a some research on the issues i have had the past few weeks, i see it crop up on all different manufactures forums, fiat, alfa, vw, audi, vauxhall... seems to be a massive problem across most turbo diesel engines!

Well at least my car is going alright now (probably spoke too soon now)... just gotta deal with the engine light. Easily fixed i guess though.

Cheers again mate, learning a hell of alot about this lol. :worship:

Back