Technical Help, i have major power loss and only had a week - please help!

Currently reading:
Technical Help, i have major power loss and only had a week - please help!

biglad1988

Hi All,

I have had my 2005 Ulysse just over a week. I have had an EGR Fault that after resetting has gone and a turbo hose has blown off at one end once so thought ok will re-attach it and job done... Well no - Last 2 days I have had major power loss at low revs and now it seems to be spreading accross the whole rev range and not wanting to do more than 40MPH!

Where do I start and what do I do? I have a slight belt whistle. The engine has just had 4 new injectors, new cambelt and waterpump, new top and bottom end and clutch and flywheel. The reason I bought the 2.2 HDi was for the extra go and it just doesn't! I did notice on monday that water had gone down the scuttle cover so put back on correctly. Just need some helpo without the garage raping me first.

Thanks Alistair

You could try the MAF. Changed mine recently and has cured a similar issue to yours. £40 gamble I know (item 280538269043). This is a pattern one too. Does your info screen not give you any error messages?

It could be the swirl valve actuator, if you do a search on the forum there are plenty of posts on how to check it and how to replace it. Could also be the turbo boost valve, being a Fiat, could be almost anything!!

Back