HelP! Fusebox dilema! HELP!

Currently reading:
HelP! Fusebox dilema! HELP!

S

Stu cook

Got the car back from fiat today, they couldn't find out what was wrong with the car. I decided to show them. One of the connections to the rear of the internal fuse box was dodgy. The plastic surrounding of the connection had also slightly melted, the guy then being a dumbnuts fiat mechanic (no offence intended if anyone is!) suggested a new fusebox.
I'm worried this is gonna cost me a small fortune so i was wondering if i could change the fusebox myself, its only a couple of bolts and some connections but my only is that it may clart up the immobiliser and other electrical stuff.
Does anyone know if this will be the case or will i be able to perform a rescue job?
All help greatly appreciated
Stu

Re: Re: HelP! Fusebox dilema! HELP!

Just read the Haynes manual for you and it mentions nothing about the immobiliser being affected, I would think that you can do this yourself as it is the proceadure as if you were changing a fuse or had the battery disconnected,all you will do is cut the power supply to them. But what i say shouldn.t be taken as gospel, try ringing another garage and ask them if it is something you can do yourself.

Sy B

Re: Re: Re: Re: HelP! Fusebox dilema! HELP!

Get a digi camera and take a pic of the wiring for the old fusebox :)

Remember, disconnect battery first!

New fusebox

I can supply a fusebox from a 97P Brava 1.4SX if that would be of any use. Easy removal with 10 plug ended cables to be disconnected and plugged back into replacement fusebox!

Email me at: [email protected]

Andy

Re: New fusebox

Mines a 1.4s so it wont have all the wiring for the electric windows or sunroof , do u think that'd matter?
Cheers lads!
Stu

Re: Re: New fusebox

Why has the connector melted?

If you replace the fusebox, will the same thing happen again?

Or did you have another problem which is now fixed?

Daz

Re: Re: Re: New fusebox

Went and spoke to another auto electrician, he said that it will be the fogs on the front not being fitted right that is drawing too much power and causing the problem. i didnt put the bumper on so im gonna have to investigate. in the mean time im trying to get some pics sorted.
Thanks Stu