Technical Help! ESC, Hill Start, Transmission, Check Engine Lights

Currently reading:
Technical Help! ESC, Hill Start, Transmission, Check Engine Lights

owner of chip fiat

Help! My 2015 500L (116K miles) Pop's ESC, Hill Start, Transmission, Check Engine Lights came on, coughed then almost died, and came to a stop. I had it towed to a mechanic, he ran the codes, and it came back with a Throttle Body error. He replaced the Throttle Body, I picked up my car ($900 later), and it did the same thing, lights and all, not even a stop sign away from the shop. He then looked at it for a whole week and said he cannot pin point what is wrong- only that he thinks it might be the computer, since the only code he is still getting is for the Throttle Body still. Is this a fuse or senor issue? Computer? Something else?
Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Several people have had similar with multiple issues, some have come down to earthing points to the ECU etc.the wrong battery (not a stop start type) not following the battery recommended installation for stop / start etc. Low battery voltage often throws up errors as the ECU uses small variations to run things.
Several threads on Forum regarding this may be worth looking into.
What I would say is use either MES diagnostics which many members here recommend for Fiats and can give good advice related.
This is a Windows based program, but must have the correct leads for your vehicle.
Personally I can sometimes access my friends Snap On Zeus system which has worked for me as I don't use Windows OS.:)

Back