Grande Punto Hello all!

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Hello all!

Apologies for the lack of activity in the past month or so, i've had a bit going on so heres a little update!

I bought some EBC Ultimax pads and was ready to swap them all over - in the end it turns out the individual who carried out the M.O.T and wrote "front brake pads wearing thin" as an advisory was wrong. The pads currently on the car are near new (just a few mm thinner than the ones I had bought).

Unfortunately the discs are another story, maybe they got discs and pads mixed up. I get paid tomorrow so i will be buying a pair of discs & swapping the whole lot over (inc. new pads) which hopefully will cure my ABS issue.

A mate at work let me borrow his OBD cable & gave me generic software to run diagnostics however it failed at reading a certain protocol according to the log which was unfortunate, i guess fiat have a special software/tool for reading faults?

In other news i was involved in a car accident the other week, an individual in a 4X4 pulled out into the passenger front wing of my friends car as we were driving along. . Bloody hurt! The other driver has accepted liability so hopefully that gets sorted soon, i'm just glad it wasn't my car & that we weren't seriously injured.

To finish, i purchased an abarth stubby aerial last week so that should arrive soon. . Once the weather gets a bit better i'll give it a much needed wash/wax & upload a pic with it on :)

Josh.

thats strange about the brakes lol silly mechanics at least you will have peice of mind once they are swapped.

soory to hear about your mates car its never nice to see/be in an accident but glad to hear you are both ok.

And as for the nice weather...... Good luck!! lol

Jordan.

Definitely, now it's just trying to find a semi-decent pair of discs that haven't got horrendous reviews like the pagid discs.

If worse comes to worse & the ABS light stays i'll just replace ABS sensor cable and hope for the best.

Cheers mate, his car looks like a write off tbh but he's still waiting to hear back from them.

Haha, i have hope! I bought various wash,wax, wheel cleaner etc. the other day that i'm waiting to use as my car is a state!

Josh.

Since I've been looking through these forums for a few weeks now (and have my GP, finally), I thought it was a good time to sign up.

I've seen some cracking cars whilst browsing which has given me some inspiration to mod my new toy. The only issue with mods is that my insurance (as most of you know) is ridiculous as I'm a young driver.

However in the future I'd like to:

1) Eibach Sportlines (when insurance drops)
2) Wind deflectors
3) Spray grille black (Indecisive on the chrome)
4) Paint callipers yellow
5) Rear window tints (when insurance drops)
6) Spray rims (Not sure what colour would suit yellow, leave as they are?)
7) AUX input as blue and me dongle is extortionately priced
8) Small mods such as yellow stitched gaitor, car mats etc.

The above will be a slow process when I have disposable cash to spend. What are your guys opinions? :)

Also, I'm not sure I can post an image yet? So if you check my gallery you'll see the GP.

If I were you, I would tint the windows and don't tell the insurance about it.
If anyone asks just say this is how I got the car when I paid for it and thought it came like this as standard.

If I were you, I would tint the windows and don't tell the insurance about it.
If anyone asks just say this is how I got the car when I paid for it and thought it came like this as standard.
Cheers for the advice, can't say I'll take it though haha :)

I don't think tints and lowering are major priorities at the moment, so they can both wait.

I'm just saying about the tints.
If you plan on taking the mods seriously then of course tell them. e.g doing more than just tints.

For example you purchase a car second hand and it has tints on it. Many people like me didn't know that they mattered.
You could argue that they're safer like hides stuff in the car, the vinyl will protect the glass from shattering in an accident and going all over your face.

When you buy insurance online you wouldn't think about adding tints because that's how it came.

My car had tints on it already. I didn't even know you had to tell insurance about it until now. They're not dark tints but there is something there. I will make the back a bit darker tho.

Tints cost money and that's all the insurance wants. My uncle told me he told his insurance years ago about tints and his premium went down by £30ish. Now it goes up. Anything so they can take your money.

Don't do as I say of course. Everything is at your own risk. Just an opinion.

I'm just saying about the tints.
If you plan on taking the mods seriously then of course tell them. e.g doing more than just tints.

For example you purchase a car second hand and it has tints on it. Many people like me didn't know that they mattered.
You could argue that they're safer like hides stuff in the car, the vinyl will protect the glass from shattering in an accident and going all over your face.

When you buy insurance online you wouldn't think about adding tints because that's how it came.

My car had tints on it already. I didn't even know you had to tell insurance about it until now. They're not dark tints but there is something there. I will make the back a bit darker tho.

Tints cost money and that's all the insurance wants. My uncle told me he told his insurance years ago about tints and his premium went down by £30ish. Now it goes up. Anything so they can take your money.

Don't do as I say of course. Everything is at your own risk. Just an opinion.

I understand what you're saying and agree with the points you've made but as you said, they'll do anything to take my money.

With premiums being so high at the moment it's not worth having tints & getting caught out for not declaring them. Next year my premiums drop dramatically so thats when I will probably get them done. :)

For the time being i'm stuck with little mods such as. . ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1365669243.570541.jpg
. . A grumpy cat sticker for my rear window! :D

Hello all and welcome my friends...
My name is Mike and i am a newbie also I am using a car of Hyundai i10 which perfom me good..I am from canada and my family stay in Indonesia..I am business man which deals in second hand car...
best of luck all...
----------------------

Hello all and welcome my friends...
My name is Mike and i am a newbie also I am using a car of Hyundai i10 which perfom me good..I am from canada and my family stay in Indonesia..I am business man which deals in second hand car...
best of luck all...
----------------------

And the winner of the most random post goes too......:D

After a long day of washing, claying and waxing the car here are the results. .

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1365956296.248111.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1365956310.156928.jpg

As mentioned before, thats the abarth aerial and a grumpy cat :)

that looks great mate! claying is on my list of things to do :)

also that camouflage land rover in the background is cool! :yum:

Cheers mate, took me long enough :) I'd definitely recommend doing it!

Haha, that's my step dads 'Sand Rover' . . it's a monster! Here it is in the flesh. .

Yeah I did it on my old car, it took me all day :bang: lol

And thats an awesome pic! I've always thought I'd like to have a go at that :yum: don't think I'd be too good though haha

Cheers, photo credits go to my mother haha :) I haven't been with them yet but some of the photos/videos they have are amazing. Yeah, I reckon i'd be cack too!

Little update,

First off, thanks goes to sammclean23 for these. . Although it took me a while to battle through the tape! :p

Really like the way they look, the picture doesn't do them justice.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1366736936.246958.jpg

Last edited:
Little update,

First off, thanks goes to @sammclean23 for these. . Although it took me a while to battle through the tape! :p

Really like the way they look, the picture doesn't do them justice.

View attachment 116026

Hahah sorry mate! Left it to the mother to pack ;)

I know what you mean, I found it hard to get a decent picture of them for selling. In some lights they look hardly tinted, then others they look spot on.

Glad they arrived okay etc! Feedback is always appreciated if you haven't done so already (y)

Back