Grande Punto Hello all!

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Hello all!

Lucky7

Since I've been looking through these forums for a few weeks now (and have my GP, finally), I thought it was a good time to sign up.

I've seen some cracking cars whilst browsing which has given me some inspiration to mod my new toy. The only issue with mods is that my insurance (as most of you know) is ridiculous as I'm a young driver.

However in the future I'd like to:

1) Eibach Sportlines (when insurance drops)
2) Wind deflectors
3) Spray grille black (Indecisive on the chrome)
4) Paint callipers yellow
5) Rear window tints (when insurance drops)
6) Spray rims (Not sure what colour would suit yellow, leave as they are?)
7) AUX input as blue and me dongle is extortionately priced
8) Small mods such as yellow stitched gaitor, car mats etc.

The above will be a slow process when I have disposable cash to spend. What are your guys opinions? :)

Also, I'm not sure I can post an image yet? So if you check my gallery you'll see the GP.

Welcome! What engine/trim do you have out of interest?

The AUX is the easiest, cheapest and most essential mod I'd say, this plus these to free the radio and you've got a major plus for ICE for under a tenner!

Depending on if you've a series 1 (2006-2008) or series 2 (200:cool: I recommend changing the badges to the new style. And getting rid of the Punto on the back, I think it looks much cleaner without it. Although each to your own.

Look after your Grande and she'll be very good to you :p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Good evening, Cadabena. It's a 1.4 petrol, the trim is GP (I think :p)

Mine's a series 2, that is the red/burgundy badge. . right? - I agree with you, though I'm interested in changing the colour scheme of the badge :)

Thanks for the AUX links, just a quick one though. In the description it states that it will not work with a blue and me head unit. . as I have a blue and me usb input in the glove box, is there a way around this? (I skim read the how to guide haha)

Welcome aboard.

Plans for the car sound good,

Always a good idea to lower GP's too, to lose some of that HUGE arch gap. Makes a great difference.

Look forward to seeing some pictures posted up...

Hello Rake, cheers :) There's a few more less important mods that I'd like to do too, I'll add them to the list another time.

Tell me about it, one day it'll happen! :)

I've only got one at the moment but I'll take more when the weather cheers up a bit.

Thanks again Cadabena. Looking at that scares me, not the most DIY savvy haha!

The mrs bought me a new sony stereo for xmas (for the pug before I sold it), so I may just sell that and buy a B&M dongle as I know I'll f@#k something up with a soldering iron in my hand!

Cheers mate, as soon as I saw it I fell in love :p

Got the ball rolling in terms of mods, bought myself a pair of heko wind deflectors. . should be here next week. :)

Wind deflectors arrived last night which was a nice surprise seeing as the estimated delivery date was 25-27 Feb! I'll get a photo up when i can (not that theres anyone who hasn't seen them before)

Did anyone else have issues with the window catching on a little lip of the deflector at the rear side of the door? Strangely only the drivers side is like this, for now i'm leaving the windows up anyway in an attempt to let them 'settle in'.

Josh.

Hi Mate lovely car! I saw one last week and they are very eye catching which is saying something coming from the owner of a bright orange car lol.

As for your wind diflectors its all about finding that sweet spot where they dont catch the clips I put mine litarally where you say your catches the diflector, it pushes that end in and avoids it catching the window. just hook out the clip being carful not to damage your seals and place it somewere else. Oh and its always good to get a hair dryer to warm up anything plastic when fitting it, Will help it settle and mould better.

Jordan.

Last edited:
Hi Mate lovely car! I saw one last week and they are very eye catching which is saying something coming from the owner of a bright orange car lol.

As for your wind diflectors its all about finding that sweet spot where they dont catch the clips I put mine litarally where you say your catches the diflector, it pushes that end in and avoids it catching the window. just hook out the clip being carful not to damage your seals and place it somewere else. Oh and its always good to get a hair dryer to warm up anything plastic when fitting it, Will help it settle and mould better.

Jordan.
Haha, cheers mate! I think if I hadn't bought yellow it would have been orange, looking at yours is making me a tad jealous! Can i ask how much your abarth alloys set you back & how much it added to your insurance?

Cheers for the tips, i'll have a go in daylight tomorrow. Probably should have waited instead of fitting them with a torch in the dark last night haha!

Josh.

Cheers mate! I need to contact my insurers to see how much they'll charge first, depending on the result it should happen in the not so distant future. :)

I can't answer yes or no to that, they came on the car (i can't see anything different with these compared to the abarths though!)

Evening guys, not a very chuffed bunny at the moment as the car has decided to throw an "ABS UNAVAILABLE" error at me.

I've tried searching for the fix with no definitive answer, can someone guide me in the right direction please?

This morning driving to work was fine, I drove out for lunch which was also fine. Only when getting in my car after work has the warning appeared. There has been no change in anything other than the fact that I parked on a slightly slanted space when coming back from lunch.

The only reason I can think of is that the brake pads need changing (this was an advisory on the M.O.T last month). . All help is appreciated!

Josh.

Hi mate sorry i cant help you with your ABS problem but it seems a good plan to get new pads eiter way dont you think?
As for your lights you have a series 2 which came with dark gray lights as appose to the abarth ones that are black or the series 1 that are chrome.

Jordan.

Hi mate sorry i cant help you with your ABS problem but it seems a good plan to get new pads eiter way dont you think?
As for your lights you have a series 2 which came with dark gray lights as appose to the abarth ones that are black or the series 1 that are chrome.

Jordan.

I was hoping they would last until pay day (27th) :/ another expensive month coming up, still need to get her serviced!

Can you reccomend any brake pads? I've heard that green stuff pads are decent?

Ahh i see, from pictures i couldn't tell the difference . . Cheers!

Back