General headlights not working on my 2012 Fiat 500

Currently reading:
General headlights not working on my 2012 Fiat 500

The American cars are different to over here, however, are you talking about the ones above the bumper ? If both are off I'd look at the relay, as over here there's separate fuses for left and right do all the other light work correctly? The ones in the bumper?

The American cars are different to over here, however, are you talking about the ones above the bumper ? If both are off I'd look at the relay, as over here there's separate fuses for left and right do all the other light work correctly? The ones in the bumper?
Yes the lights ab p ve the bumper, I already replace the headlight relay in the fuse box under the hood

Yes all of the other lights work, haven't had a chance to check headlights its dark when I get home from work, but I will check them first thing in the morning, ( Saturday)

So, it's going to take some more in depth investigation.
With a helper turn on ignition but don't start, with a finger on the relay have someone turn on the lights, can you feel it click?
If it does click, remove it and check for a supply feed( power to lights, not feed to relay switching)
Use a meter, every thing off to check the continuity between the relay output and the headlight live(bulb)
If the relay doesn't click, and is known to be good, check for a switching signal feed, also check the earth for the relay.
If there's no signal then check the wiring back to the body computer?

So, it's going to take some more in depth investigation.
With a helper turn on ignition but don't start, with a finger on the relay have someone turn on the lights, can you feel it click?
If it does click, remove it and check for a supply feed( power to lights, not feed to relay switching)
Use a meter, every thing off to check the continuity between the relay output and the headlight live(bulb)
If the relay doesn't click, and is known to be good, check for a switching signal feed, also check the earth for the relay.
If there's no signal then check the wiring back to the body computer?
agree....back to basics too

why did you change the relay originally? did you test that it was faulty - the original one?
Could you explain what you have done already and why and outcomes of testing.

I changed the relay because someone mentioned that it could be the problem,didnt help. Dont have any meters to check anything and dont know how to use them anyway, will check the bulbs in the morning( Saturday)

I will check the bulbs today and fuse 12 & 13, I was also told that there is a Body Control Module behind the fuse box and it has 2 small relays on that circut board and if they go bad your headlights will not work,but once it is replaced it has to be registered with the car again by a dealer

Back