Technical headlight from HGT onto active?

Currently reading:
Technical headlight from HGT onto active?

jonyid

Hi all,

will the headlight unit from a 2002 HGT fit into a 2002 active? I think it will but want to make sure before buying it

Yea as long as they are the same shape

Only thing is the HGT will have front fogs, the Active doesn't (normally)

So it allows for an interesting upgrade to add fog lights in - OR to covert them into DRL's :)

I think fogs have a 2nd plug as well.... so it might be worthwhile asking if the HGT's connector comes with it?

Ziggy

my active doesn't have fogs and wouldn't really be interested in having to wire them all up through to the centre console as its time i don't really have (but maybe in the future admittedly

Would the HGT connector/2nd plug make a difference?

my active doesn't have fogs and wouldn't really be interested in having to wire them all up through to the centre console as its time i don't really have (but maybe in the future admittedly

Would the HGT connector/2nd plug make a difference?

All the mk2's i've seen have a seperate blanked plug hole (grey thing) So i' assume thats the fog wiring, as the car uses the same loom pretty much on all cars, except the HGT has alot of extra's for all the electronic gizmo's

The Lights should fit - :)

MOT man shouldnt be fused either - as i think front fogs aren't part of the MOT

Ziggy

thanks guys, its a shame because it looks like the unit is going to go cheap on ebay and could do with a new one as my existing one has the damage on the inside that causes it to be ridiculously cloudy

thanks guys, its a shame because it looks like the unit is going to go cheap on ebay and could do with a new one as my existing one has the damage on the inside that causes it to be ridiculously cloudy

am i right in thinking the lens part for the fogs is just screwed in there?

Ie - the HGT would be the same, all the OP has todo is remove the HGT Fog lens and fit the Actives fog Blanking plate in?

Hell - i bet somebody would buy the HGT fog lens to upgrade theres.... possibility?

Ziggy

thats interesting, i may just see how the bidding goes and put a cheeky bid in, can always be my project as and when i have time

Back