Panda (Classic) He IS serious!!

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) He IS serious!!

I'd be tempted to reply with something along the lines of:

"So you'd be happy to pay £15k for a piece of art which isn't highly prized, or even unique?

You Sir, are certifiable."

Listing it at that price suggests to me that - not only does he/she think it's worth that much, but that they would be willing to pay that much for it themselves. :nutter:

Cheers for that. I did wonder what they cost new although thought it was nearer £7000 according to a brochure I've got but haven't read it in a while.

I think you could probably buy all the components and build one yourself for less than £15000. Somehow I doubt an insurance company would pay that out if it got written off. Lol.

No probs! I`m going by my old car price books (I`m a proper geek hoarder, I`ve got 1000`s of car mags etc going back 50 years! :eek:), according to my book, in 1992 a Panda 750L was £4509, a Dance 903cc was £4977, a CLX was £5064 & the Selecta was £5534!

A 126 BIS was the cheapest UK car available at £3250!

My question: Hi, can you tell me how long you've had it please, and if it has gone up in value since you bought it? Are Panda values rising? Thanks

And reply: I brought from a the son of a little old lady. The son wanted his daughter to have it but she did not want auto matic, lucky me. I brought about one year ago and I am now moving out of england, so I must sell.

I'm guessing he didn't pay the son of the little old lady £10k....

Last edited:
My question: Hi, can you tell me how long you've had it please, and if it has gone up in value since you bought it? Are Panda values rising? Thanks

And reply: I brought from a the son of a little old lady. The son wanted his daughter to have it but she did not want auto matic, lucky me. I brought about one year ago and I am now moving out of england, so I must sell.

I'm guessing he didn't pay the son of the little old lady £10k....
oh, I thought he bought it from new, and garaged it.
The son of a little old lady? I don't care if it was the son of old mother Hubbard, it was still the son that had it, not his Little old lady mother..
Son usually = giving it some sometimes, seeing what it can do. so in my eyes now, that things been thrashed at some point.

but im willing to enter a bidding war if everyone else is. though, id better not win :confused::D

Knowing my luck a little scroat would go for a joy ride an park it in the local duck pond. This would make the car uninsurable at that price surely. would probly cost me 30k just to insure that.

I can think of better ways to burn 45k !

Do you think it's been all of us looking at this that's put the page views up to 2410?

I still can believe that's what he was asking! So glad that's not what Kev was asking for PH (y)

Edit: I just ran Go compare comparison and but the value in at £15000 first quote £922.55 Just insured PH same reg (K plate) £552 :eek:

Last edited:
oh, I thought he bought it from new, and garaged it.
The son of a little old lady? I don't care if it was the son of old mother Hubbard, it was still the son that had it, not his Little old lady mother..
Son usually = giving it some sometimes, seeing what it can do. so in my eyes now, that things been thrashed at some point.

but im willing to enter a bidding war if everyone else is. though, id better not win :confused::D

The Selecta isn't really raggable in the sense of trashing it and who said kettle old lady didn't floor it everywhere? Lol.

Back