Technical Has anyone removed the catalyst from a mk2?

Currently reading:
Technical Has anyone removed the catalyst from a mk2?

bad people taking their cats out putting big holes in my ozone layer[:eek:)]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

lol, dont bother takin the cat out jus get a new system, or if ur really rich get a new cat, from a racing style exahust makers, kus MOT day ur gunna b screwed ova

You cant take the cat out of the sytem as its welded to exhaust manfold. A complete new exhaust system would be required including manifold.

In theory its a good plan - de-cat your car and stick it back on for the MoT. But on a 1.2 8v engine it'll make next to no difference to performance anyway.

<font size="5"><font color="black">/</font id="black"> F <font color="black">/ </font id="black">I <font color="black">/</font id="black"> A <font color="black">/</font id="black"> T <font color="black">/</font id="black"></font id="size5">
<font color="navy">Punto 55SX</font id="navy">

Please read the fast fiat sit... Quote From Them>>Cat replacer to suit 1.2 8v and 16v models. Fits to original downpipe. ((Please note that your car will not pass the UK MOT test with this part fitted. Please note that the cat replacer will only fit models with the cat located after the downpipe and not in the downpipe.))
And most U.k Vehicles 98percent Of the them have cat before downpipe..
:D:D

yeah, they shud in theory fail ur mot if u dont have a cat, (emmisions bllx) but u neva no.... i personally wudnt risk up but up 2 u...howver but u def can get the cat replaced for all models

Thanks for all the replies- yeah just realised the cat's in the wrong place. Anyway gonna just go for a new system I think, or just a back box not sure yet. Do back boxes on their own make the car louder?- to drown out the annoyin noise of the standard exaust.

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK

Back