Technical hard to get into 5th

Currently reading:
Technical hard to get into 5th

Sometimes realy hard to get into 5th slides in perfect with engine off ? Double clutching sometimes works but feels realy close to 3rd or sumtimes doesn feel there atall mpi sei 1.1sx cheers

Would a linkage kit solve this also will i need to reline gears how do i check for wer n tear? Someone mentiond if you can lift the stick up its nakerd?

....slides in perfect with engine off ? Double clutching sometimes works....
If it was a worn linkage problem I would have thought it would be just as difficult to engage 5th with the engine off?
When my cable desperately needed adjustment i didn't have problems with 1st, from memory I think 3rd gear was the biggest issue -but 3rd has always been a bit dodgy on my box since i bought the car.

It'll feel like it's there, but the linkeage isn't quite moving enough. My guess. Rare for a double declutch to have a positive effect on an upchange.
Its sliding in ok now but iv used 4bottles of grease on 'clutch parts from pedal to wire seems to be creaking from cable i think could just need change gearbox oil and new cable ajusted properly?

Try removing the clutch arm from top of gearbox and lubricating the shaft/bush with some decent oil not WD40 etc. I bet this will transform that squeak!

Try removing the clutch arm from top of gearbox and lubricating the shaft/bush with some decent oil not WD40 etc. I bet this will transform that squeak!
Most likely iv sprayed grease arround the clutch arm on g/box its just a faff on would i need to ajust clutch if i take the arm off? I was thinking it couldnt be the cable creaking surely?

If it was a worn linkage problem I would have thought it would be just as difficult to engage 5th with the engine off?
When my cable desperately needed adjustment i didn't have problems with 1st, from memory I think 3rd gear was the biggest issue -but 3rd has always been a bit dodgy on my box since i bought the car.

Yeah my 5th has never went in good but now im useing it regular i can get it in if not 1st time defo 2nd time... maybe just needs a gearbox oil change does 5th sit higher than others therfore lack of lube if not correct gearbox oil bearing in mind i havnt checked it only had car for 3month and iv turned it arround for verry little but was realy neglected

Could be. Blu posted the distances to measure if you want to do it that way (with the new cable). I usually do it by feel.

aye its 120mm +/-5mm - but i also generally do it by feel as well. Its a bit easier to do that when you have loads of them though haha

aye its 120mm +/-5mm - but i also generally do it by feel as well. Its a bit easier to do that when you have loads of them though haha

Yeah well iv defo got creaking from clutch arm on gearbox not cable but the cable may slightly need ajusted but i need to sort creaking first as thats all i feel when comin off or puting clutch in may need new cable.. but if its not broke dont fix it (ps are you from newcastle?)

nope, I'm from York but live about 10-15miles outside Gloucester at the mo.

Ahh just you said 'aye' was abit northen im from newcastle any idear howmutch a garage wud charge to lube clutch forks/shaft to stop the squeak plus im gona get them to do gearbox oil change the usualy charge 30per hour

Problem is that there are two bushes, one at top, one at bottom of the shaft. You can't get to the bottom one without dropping the gearbox, so it's best done (new bushes are available, too) when the clutch is renewed.

Back