General Groaning Noise When Set Off and Low Speeds! - Rear Bushes And Also Exhaust

Currently reading:
General Groaning Noise When Set Off and Low Speeds! - Rear Bushes And Also Exhaust

Hi

Over the last day or so when I set off from stand still and at slow speeds my 54 plate 1.6 16v Dynamic starts to groan/knock from underneath the car. I have had it on ramps at KwikFit (just used them for this!) and it looks like the rear bushes have gone, one doesn't seem to have rubber in there at all!

My main question - is it dangerous to run the car until I have time/money to get this sorted and also how much should it cost to be fixed in London.

Also, I checked my exhaust and it looks like it is on the way out as well. Does anyone know ballpark costs for a standard exhaust?

I have had no issues for 6 months since I got my Stilo but now they are coming in thick and fast!

Thanks

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Last edited:
I cant advise on the bushes but do a search here because Im sure they have come up before. Your exhaust will cost will vary a bit.depending on model. For parts only try www.buypartsby.co.uk . I paid £120 ish for middle and rear on my 1.2 from a local place. Kwikfit wanted £110 just for a back box , and AC quoted £95 for the back box.

Back