Technical GPS t-jet tuning capacity

Currently reading:
Technical GPS t-jet tuning capacity

luca il lamp

HI,

I went through the forum and saw a lot of modifications with regards to the engine. I have a Grande punto t-jet and I am interested in pumping my BHP up to 180 (roughly). I intend to do these steps approximately:
forge: induction, inter-cooler, hoses
red dot remap
abarth turbo
dump valve
back box
lowwering springs

but I was wondering: Is the GPS t-jet capable to support such power 180bhp? or I will need to change pistons, gearbox, differential etc......??? I don`t want to destruct my engine....... Any Help???

If your T-Jet is an S1 (before september 2008 iirc) then you will have the weaker clutch, so you may need to change that at some point. The S2 T-Jets from late 2008 onwards have the abarth clutch I've heard, which can withstand more torque obviously.

So I would not have problems apart from the clutch?? and what about the consumption In know it will make much less mpg, but what will be the mgp roughly?
thanks for your cooperation :worship:

So I would not have problems apart from the clutch?? and what about the consumption In know it will make much less mpg, but what will be the mgp roughly?
thanks for your cooperation :worship:

I've got 173bhp and 240ftlbs and I get around 40mpg doing average 70-75 on the motorway and around 29-32 around town depending how sensible i drive

You should easily get that much bhp with the mods listed. You may want to rethink getting a dump valve though as it wont do anything performance wise and if your getting a forge induction you'll already be able to hear to whoosh from the re-circ valve :D

I've got 173bhp and 240ftlbs and I get around 40mpg doing average 70-75 on the motorway and around 29-32 around town depending how sensible i drive

sorry to hijack the thread...i've got an s1 t-jet and was hoping to just map totally standard, how d'you imagine the clutch will fair with an increase of 48nm torque dlightswitch?

The S2 T-Jets from late 2008 onwards have the abarth clutch I've heard, which can withstand more torque obviously.

Where did you found that?? :) I have never heard that before..
I have a 2009 tjet..

sorry to hijack the thread...i've got an s1 t-jet and was hoping to just map totally standard, how d'you imagine the clutch will fair with an increase of 48nm torque dlightswitch?

It's obviously only the torque that will give the clutch the problems thats why I only went for a small increase in torque from this company.

http://celtictuning.co.uk/?gclid=COvRl7_T1agCFVJX4QodJC1n_g

Just enter your make and model in and it will tell you the increase power.

Mine is just standard apart from an upgraded panel filter and it does go well.

Last edited:
It's obviously only the torque that will give the clutch the problems thats why I only went for a small increase in torque from this company.

http://celtictuning.co.uk/?gclid=COvRl7_T1agCFVJX4QodJC1n_g

Just enter your make and model in and it will tell you the increase power.

Mine is just standard apart from an upgraded panel filter and it does go well.
yeah i was gonna go with r-tech power tuning in hinckley as its pretty close to me... theyre saying an increase of 25bhp and 48nm of torque... i wanna get my monies worth but dont wanna be spending all my money on a remap then having to replace the clutch not long after... i'll just ask them and see what they recommend, cheers!

Where did you found that?? :) I have never heard that before..
I have a 2009 tjet..

It was first Titish who told me on this forum, and then Protoxide asked me when I was emailing them about my clutch if I had S1 or S2 because apparently the S2 has an upgraded one. I have no proof though so I can't be totally sure.

I don't remember what the figures are for the recommended clutch limit, and I don't know how accurate they are because I haven't heard of any T-jet needing a new clutch except Matt. So I really couldn't say

Back