car2.jpg

Grande Punto GP Sporting

Introduction

Here is my GP Sporting have had it for around 2 and half years and decided to start adding my own style to it.

I have tinted the windows and have got a BMC CDA Induction Kit to add :)

Looking to:-
Tint rear lights and side repeaters
Abarth Headlights
Lowering
Cupra R Splitter

car2.jpg

car.jpg
Reactions: AgnessGP
Yea I should have thought about that when I posted the picture up,

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax - Used for the wheels and for the car in the winter as its a better protecter than the other wax but the other wax is better for the summer.

Collinite 476S -The other wax for the bodywork for the summer and all round round potentially.

Mantis Scratch Remover - Well does what it says on the tin, got it cheaper as Girlfreind works at Wilkos ;)

Rain-X - For the windows to help them bead can be used on all windows and also cleans them perfectly.

Waffle Weave Microfibre Drying Cloth - Never used a drynig cloth that can hold so much water its can do two cars and still not be able to squeeze any out of it.

Auto Glym Super Resin Polish - Best polish I have ever used also got the 1 Litre pack including buffing cloth for £10 from Truck-Fest Event :)

Lint Free Buffing Cloths - For buffing the wax have got 5 so will last a long time and because there lint free there the best one for the job and can be washed and re-used.

2x Applicator Pads - For applying the wax to the car one for each wax as one will be used for the wheels.

Bilt-Hamber Auto Clay Regular - As it is the first time the car has been clayed and also im only thinking of doing it 2 times a yer the regular is a better choice compared to the soft and medium clays. Only uses water as a lubricant so dont need to buy one as you have to with other clays. Keeps costs down and it one of the best rated clays out there.

Back to Black Gel - Got the gel for the scuttle panel as its starting to fade as this gives extra protection over prolonged period.

Just got to find a good alloy wheel cleaner such as either Bilberry or Bilt-Hamber Auto Wheel but im not sure so im still deciding :p

Also your question about the wheels is that I cant afford another set of wheels as it wont snow tht much and if it does I wont be using the car as I can walk to work :) So I wont have that porblem but I wuldnt just buy a set for winter whats the point in paying for a nice set of alloys and then chaning them for half of the year :confused: seems pointless to me.

thanks sean...

think I may have to add them to my shopping list soon. In desperate need of some better cleaning material - sponges have swirled my car to high heaven.

microfibre drying clothes sound brill, my leather that I use is a pile of s***, takes ages and about 15 squeezes and by then, the car has dried with streaks.

Thought about wash mittens for washing?

Good point about the wheels, just have to avoid driving in stupid weather.

Yea ive made this group up over last few weeks getting a bit here and a bit there :)
Ive thought about a wash mitt such as Lambs Wool or Synthetic but ik not sure which one to get. The polish will help the swirls on the car it wont do wonders if doin git by hand but will help alot.

Just have to be super careful which everyone should be when its been snowing or really cold the night before :)

Yea, I can see what you mean about the swirls just have to be careful if doing it yourself or are you going to get it done by someone? Also I think it will make some differnce im not totally sure wether or not it will take all of it off so I wont dmsay definatley but if you think that polishig is an abrasive formula then I would say so.
To avoid overspray in the future I would use gel and mask off the edge of the paintwork as you will get a better coverage also wont get any on the paint work :cool:

Ive seen the results of the gel and its alot better than the spray as you can work it in more the best price i found for it was Amazon, I havent got too many swirl marks on mine so if I keep going with hand polish I think it will come out lookig good especially after bein clayed and waxed this weekend :)

anything else you'd think i'd need mate? got shampoo etc.

View attachment 107620

Back to Black gel for the scuttle panel especially works wonders also a trigger bottle to spray wheel cleaner also are you thinking of using a clay at all?

Did mine yesterday took 6 hours but its all nice and clean now ill post pictures later :)

I used Bilt Hmaber Clay which only needs water to use and it worked amazingly I only used a quarter of the clay for the whole car :eek:

The bilberry cleaner comes undiluted so comes just in a pour bottle.

Were you doing it today? sammclean23

Update:

Spent hours washing, claying, polishing and waxing and this is the end result.
Took a whole picture but the best in my opinion are the close up of the mirrored bodywork now :cool:

The last picture is one with the before and after of using Back to Black Gel which is amazing never knew how grey it was until now :p

What do you all think?

I know my car looked **** before ;)

Mine was not too bad certain areas were worse than others such as the wheels and the doors because of the brake dust attaching when coming from wheels. Now we hae a clean slate to work from though it should be alot easier to keep it lookin this good all the time :)

Only problem is girlfreind wants me to do her car now :confused:

I used the Mantis on mine and it made the scratches look alot better but I wasnt expecting miracles so it was good to be honest just keep at it, going to use a touch up pen on the bonnet for the stone chips :mad:

Hopefully get it all ship shape and sorted to keep it that way, just thought if I ever go and buy another car now I will be unbelievably picky :p

Back