Give me your spam

Currently reading:
Give me your spam

This is going to sound weird but it would help me a lot so thought I would ask. I am currently starting to design email templates which then get sent out to people that subscribe through our website.

Therefore I would like any examples you have of spam/crap you get sent from proper companies. Things like newsletters and deals from any companies like ebay/hotmail or anything.

I understand you dont want to be copying your details over the internet so screen shots and covered up names will be great. I only have so much sent to me and would like to see what everyone else thinks looks good :)

P.s I do not send out spam to thousands of people who don't want it. The people I send to sign up and ask for info and can unsubscribe at any point! So do not hate me :p

spam1262189438.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

If I get any spam I'll post it here but I tend to delete it quickly so I don't have any at the moment.

spam1262189438.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

If I get any spam I'll post it here but I tend to delete it quickly so I don't have any at the moment.

That's the thing. I have to get people not to do that :p

The first 7 words decides whether someone is going to delete it or do something with it. Unless they are old in which case they read every single word :D

That's the thing. I have to get people not to do that :p

The first 7 words decides whether someone is going to delete it or do something with it. Unless they are old in which case they read every single word :D

See I would have thought the classic "You are the 1,000,000th visitor! Click to claim prize!" would have worked.

I think the biggest thing is I delete mail that's not from a sender I know/expect to hear from.

See I would have thought the classic "You are the 1,000,000th visitor! Click to claim prize!" would have worked.

I think the biggest thing is I delete mail that's not from a sender I know/expect to hear from.

Yep that's why the email title is important.
I get the persons name in it so they think it's nice and personal :) haha.

Random thought here...

OK, so you want your e-mails, which are meant to attract people back to using a service, but they are then designed to look like other e-mails that people simply bin without looking at? OK :nutter::p

The problem is, many spam filters will get rid of mail in HTML format if it is being received from an unknown source. However, some will let them through if they are in plain text format. Problem with this is, plain text looks boring :( But at least it could get to the person in the first place!

Random thought here...

OK, so you want your e-mails, which are meant to attract people back to using a service, but they are then designed to look like other e-mails that people simply bin without looking at? OK :nutter::p

The problem is, many spam filters will get rid of mail in HTML format if it is being received from an unknown source. However, some will let them through if they are in plain text format. Problem with this is, plain text looks boring :( But at least it could get to the person in the first place!

I didn't say I was going to copy the emails I just want examples of them.

And yes I am aware of troubles with certain email clients not displaying HTML. I have software and a team of geeks to stop this from happening.....

Back