General Girlfriend has just got a 2017 Tipo. What website would you recommend getting an Android Auto/Car Play upgrade from?

Currently reading:
General Girlfriend has just got a 2017 Tipo. What website would you recommend getting an Android Auto/Car Play upgrade from?

hedgehead

So title says it all, 2017 Tipo Multilounge, happy to upgrade the unit with a 3rd party option however reviews for the ebay and ally express options do not appear to be there at all unsure what ones are trustworthy or the best to go for?

UK Lounge is not the tablet edition I guess?
I bought one from aliexpress 2020 and been happy with it, it was older unit shipped from Germany under 250€ back then. Still had disk player the newer units drop for a good reason. I like the "DIMM" button as it shuts down the screen for night.
Only had to change the CAN setup from "low" to "high" spec so the odometer stopped flashing as it was trying to use the wrong type.
No wireless android auto back then, but havent really used it in tipo, streams music with BT and using wifi share from phone the with google maps works fine if I need up to date maps. In UK you probably want some DAB options? Haven't used radio much as music comes from my phone.

Bought other aliexpress units later for other cars with wireless android auto and so far they also can assign the screen off to steeringwheel buttons.
Junsun on Nissan my father has and cheapo Hizpo HC5 I put into my winter panda. Hizpo had bad GPS, but using navigation from android auto it was fine. Nice in Hizpo was that it was not using almost any power when it was off so it had proper power input to not drain battery.
I'd recommend something with 4Gb RAM as usually those units are not painfully slow as they dont usually pair slow cpu with that amount of ram.

Back