Technical Fuel leak

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel leak

Hi,car done 41000 mls, it's the same pipe as above owner.Its the return pipe going to and attached to fuel tank sender in top of tank.All clips were in place,and three pipes,inc blue,were correctly fastened.The car has not been in any accidents that I am aware off. New pipe with two couplings part number 51818014. Picture from parts unclear. The other pipe part number 51818013 has only one coupling and straight pipe at other end.

Last edited:
This happened to mine, 4 months ago. The pipe had rubbed and worn a small hole in it. Apparently fiat are aware of the problem, but haven’t done a recall. Mines a 2012 twinair. It cost me £170 for the repair.

This one rubbed on the metal body. IMG_6189.JPGIMG_6187.JPG

I have same issue with my twin air 500. Fuel leak started 2 weeks ago. Pipes have chafed through on fuel tank. Looks like it could be a common problem. New part is £60+vat. Not good as car not done 30k miles . I asked fiat about a subsidy towards repair and basically they have said it's not a recall so suck it up. Wondering if I should contact DVSA.

I have same issue with my twin air 500. Fuel leak started 2 weeks ago. Pipes have chafed through on fuel tank. Looks like it could be a common problem. New part is £60+vat. Not good as car not done 30k miles . I asked fiat about a subsidy towards repair and basically they have said it's not a recall so suck it up. Wondering if I should contact DVSA.
Yes I would contact the dvsa it's not acceptable to fail in such a short time and given the dangerous nature of the fault?

Back