Technical Front brake calliper slider pin grease

Currently reading:
Technical Front brake calliper slider pin grease

Danoid

Hey up,

Is it recommended for Fiat 500’s to have new calliper slider pin grease applied?

Also should I apply thread lock for the calliper bracket bolts?

I bought new discs and ATE ceramic pads for our 1.2 ages ago but got eaten by a dog, so hopefully my hands will work now to try out these ceramics

Yes, the sliding pins should be cleaned and greased. I use ATE brake lube for work on brakes. The pads normaly come with new bolts that have thread lock on them, if you use the old ones it won't be wrong to use thread lock too. The carrier bolts normaly don't have thread lock on them, they are tightened with 100 Nm.

Good luck getting that pin undone. I gave up, luckily it felt clean and smooth moving along the pin.

Thank you, I don’t believe the new pads came with any new bolts, it came with the new retaining pin and a metal clip like a heavy duty paper clip to keep the retaining pin in.

I’ll try my best as removing it but if it moves freely then I won’t be too upset.

Well what a joke, tightened up the top calliper bolt fine, bottom one snapped and stuck in the threads.

tried undoing the slider pin bolt, what size is it? Feels like a hex but not sure

if I can get the bracket off I might have better luck removing the snapped bolt

I got the slider pin bolt removed it’s an 8mm and had to hammer it in.

once the calliper and bracket were separated, heat was used on the broken bolt then removed with pliers which I tried before heat and no chance 3E869BFD-C114-4359-B4AC-5179F51EDF22.jpegB4603290-3E42-4AC2-B835-BEC184CE4A81.jpeg
so now will be off to my local Fiat dealership and get 4 new bolts, which I probably should have done to start with whoops

No dealerships had them, so I rang Ford and collecting new bolts tomorrow, hopefully they’re the same from the KA

Back