Technical Front Brake Caliper Carrier Info

Currently reading:
Technical Front Brake Caliper Carrier Info

Hi,

Looking for some info on the front brake caliper carriers for a 2011 1.4 16v sport.

One of the mounting holes on our drivers side front caliper carrier has stripped its threads so I'm looking to replace the carrier and bolts. Really struggling to find any direct replacement parts. Nowhere I can find seems to list any new items for this model and used ones seem very rare too. I can only find one listed on Ebay at the moment for the 1.4 and it looks in quite poor condition.

If anyone has any info regarding the following questions, I would be much appreciated!

Are there any other models in the range that share the same calipers as the 1.4? Front brakes are vented 257mm discs. I see the 105hp twin air and multijet use the same spec discs so maybe calipers are the same? Would they be the same calipers used on the Panda 100hp?

Can the carriers be rotated to fit either side of the car?

Also if anyone has a link to somewhere I could buy a carrier new, that would be much appreciated. My googling seems to be coming up short and I'm really struggling to find a new part online that's listed for our car.

Thanks

Here's a link to get you started on your search

Prices are more reasonable than I'd expected; IIRC OEM parts were silly money when I last looked.

Scratch that; these are for the rear, not the front - sorry. That same website seems not to have any stock for the front.

My googling seems to be coming up short and I'm really struggling to find a new part online that's listed for our car.

Mine too; I've checked all my usual sources and can't find anything.

Last edited:
Here's a link to get you started on your search

Prices are more reasonable than I'd expected; IIRC OEM parts were silly money when I last looked.

Scratch that; these are for the rear, not the front - sorry. That same website seems not to have any stock for the front.

Mine too; I've checked all my usual sources and can't find anything.
Thanks for trying.

I seem to be able to find plenty of rear parts but really no luck with front.

I've ordered the only 1.4 listed used caliper and carrier I can find in eBay. It's for the passenger side so really hoping the carriers are reversible. Pretty sure they are but won't know until it arrives.

Just a quick follow up for anyone else in a similar situation.

eBay used caliper and carrier arrived. Rubbish condition but half an hour with a wire wheel and some caliper paint and the carrier looked spot on. I'll keep the caliper for a while for spares but it will probably end up in the bin.

Carriers are reversible. Identical OS and NS so doesn't matter which you need.

Carrier bolts are M12x30 with a thread pitch of 1.25. I had to purchase new bolts as the carrier didn't come with the bolts unfortunately.

All fit and tested this morning.

Panda 100HP and 1.3 diesel use the same calipers and what look like the same brakes. However the 100HP has 257mm discs and the diesel has 240mm discs. I had a spare set of 100HP brakes and the diesel discs had been chewed by someone with an angle grinder so I've fitted the larger discs. It's getting 15" wheels anyway.

They clean up best by soaking in spirit vinegar for a week, but you'll still have to chip away the last bits of scale before primer and paint.

Panda 100HP and 1.3 diesel use the same calipers and what look like the same brakes. However the 100HP has 257mm discs and the diesel has 240mm discs. I had a spare set of 100HP brakes and the diesel discs had been chewed by someone with an angle grinder so I've fitted the larger discs. It's getting 15" wheels anyway.

They clean up best by soaking in spirit vinegar for a week, but you'll still have to chip away the last bits of scale before primer and paint.

Yes I noticed in my searches that the 1.3 diesel calipers looked the same but that the discs listed for the diesel were different so I didn't go for the diesel parts in the end. I presume the caliper carriers will be different for the 240mm disc setup too? Even if the calipers themselves are the same?

Good to know the 100hp setup is the same though. Can confirm the 1.4 16v 500 uses vented 257mm discs. I found a few used 100hp calipers and carriers listed but couldn't get a confirmation that they were the same part, or at least interchangable for the 500 parts.

Regardless... All sorted with our 500 now. On to the next issue 😂

Back