fixed penalty tickets

Currently reading:
fixed penalty tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, surely you've got some type of right against this. I'll have to try whatever I can and hope for the best. That's the only answer I can get atm.

The only excuse would be an emergency vehicle going to an incident i.e. Lawful excuse, there is no excuse for driving without due care which is what you are admitting and that's 6 points and a ban if you've held your licence less than 2 yrs.

bigpigeon2004 said:
no, surely you've got some type of right against this.

Err....................no. You don't have a leg to stand on. You had no reason to jump a red, e.g. in an emergency, which is the only valid reason for jumping a red AFAIK.

You should have just approached the lights at a slower speed. Pressing this would only make it worse - you have no excuse.

bigpigeon2004 said:
no, surely you've got some type of right against this. .

Against what exactly, you ran a red light. If you cant stop at a red light then maybe your not ready to be driving yet and need some more lessons?

You ran a red, there is no argument, and I dont understand why you think you have a right.

Something for you to think about, my boss appealed against a speeding ticket, he got an extra point for his trouble.

You wont win, there is no point in trying, you deserve the points just accept them or you could end up with more points. If you are in your first two years of driving then you only get upto 6 points and you have to retake your test again.

You have no rights to appeal.

bigpigeon2004 said:
I said 'what didn't you do to get this ticket then?'

Obviously, if you had done something wrong, you would have got the ticket. BUT you want to appeal because of something you didn't do i.e. ticket was mis-issued possibly.

...but now reading about the offence, you jumped a red light and admit that on here, so surely there is no appeal now :confused:

pay the fine... take the points. You have no chance and you are just ignoring what everyone is saying.

You ran a red and your excuse is that you are an inexperienced driver. If so, then if you cant stop at a red that goes from green to amber to red, what chance has someone got if they step out in front of you.

You have no chance - just accept that fact.

it was somebody jumping a red light that wrote my car of a couple of years ago not only that they were not insured so just take the fine and points and stop arsing about. people like you deserve what you get it cost me a 7000 car as i had to scrap it in the end

Look, I don't even know why I'm asking advice on here. You see mistakes happen and people automatically think that you a maniac that doesn't care about other people's safety on the road but I do. Suppose I will have to accept the points etc.

Thanks for all the advice people

kemo said:
it was somebody jumping a red light that wrote my car of a couple of years ago not only that they were not insured so just take the fine and points and stop arsing about. people like you deserve what you get it cost me a 7000 car as i had to scrap it in the end

Did they run a red light or jump the lights?theres a difference.
If they ran a red light then youre right to be p***ed off.
If they jumped the light then obviously so did you to get hit!
RED= STOP
RED/AMBER= prepare to go
GREEN= GO
AMBER=DO NOT GO UNLESS TO PREVENT AN ACCIDENT:(

bigpigeon2004 said:
Look, I don't even know why I'm asking advice on here. You see mistakes happen and people automatically think that you a maniac that doesn't care about other people's safety on the road but I do. Suppose I will have to accept the points etc.

Thanks for all the advice people

Noo! Please challenge it! I truly believe you will be able to get away scott free by just saying you wern't looking where you were going.. Or that you were speeding so you couldn't slow down in time..

You have no possible grounds for appeal, unless:

You can prove the timing on the lights from green to red is wrong.

The amber light wasn't working - and I mean it went straight from green to red, as the green goes off when the amber comes on.

You were getting out of the way of an emergency vehicle.

Nobody means to run red lights, do 35 and get caught in a 30 limit, overstay the parking ticket by 15 mins and get fined, or crash - but it happens.

I'm afraid all you can do is pay quickly, accept and learn from your mistake.

bigpigeon2004 said:
Look, I don't even know why I'm asking advice on here. You see mistakes happen and people automatically think that you a maniac that doesn't care about other people's safety on the road but I do.

No one has said that, just take responsibility. Nobody has called you a maniac, but you seem to want to take advice IF people agree with you.

We are telling you how it is.

Bad advice would be to tell you to appeal knowing you have no chance.

Send it by recorded mail and get them to send it back thyat way too, fcukers lost mine 2months ago and i have a producer to hand in by sat.

They only give out speeding tickets so that traffic cops can roll around in top of the range X5's and RangeRovers
I am quite sure that their is something alot cheaper, both in purchase and fuel

X5 £47,525
RR £58,445

Despite the extra power, fuel consumption has actually improved, but if 21.6mpg still sounds sufficiently

I am sure we have loads of alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back