fixed penalty tickets

Currently reading:
fixed penalty tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpigeon2004

I've got one, great!! I'm trying to dispute it but they are asking that I pay first. What about the points? It's unfair. Should I pay first etc then dispute it after??

Any ideas?

bigpigeon2004 said:
I've got one, great!! I'm trying to dispute it but they are asking that I pay first. What about the points? It's unfair. Should I pay first etc then dispute it after??

Any ideas?

Appeal in writing now, dont leave it any longer,whatever you do dont pay up at the moment as its kind of an admission of guilt!(y)

Yeah thanks

I've done this once already. but they are giving me the option of 14 days to fill out the fpt form or face further action. Should I write again & again.

Any ideas, thanks again

michael

Fixed penalty is either a police one and the choices are pay-up or court hearing, or it's a council issued ticket which you write in and appeal on if they ask for payment first and you pay I very much doubt you will ever get an appeal.

so you are saying I accepted and paid up, I would not be able to appeal on this what so ever???

Yeah I accidently ran a red light. It was a pure accident and they was no one else around at the time.

bigpigeon2004 said:
Yeah I accidently ran a red light. It was a pure accident and they was no one else around at the time.

So what are your grounds for appeal?

pure accident and a lack of experience. It's not easy driving on a full licence for the firsy year. Also the lights changed so bloody quick. they changed to amber when I there was no way I could stop in time or in a controlled manner..

bigpigeon2004 said:
so you are saying I accepted and paid up, I would not be able to appeal on this what so ever???

ermm...ignorance isnt a defence, hope you thought of a good excuse? human error?

bigpigeon2004 said:
pure accident and a lack of experience. It's not easy driving on a full licence for the firsy year. Also the lights changed so bloody quick. they changed to amber when I there was no way I could stop in time or in a controlled manner..

Yeah, no grounds for defence IMO. They'll just say that you should have approached the lights more cautiously, which would have given you more chance to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back