General first time buyer Multipla

Currently reading:
General first time buyer Multipla

Bone1977

I am/ was(Not sure yet) LOL

I have been thinking about buying a multipla 1.9JTD SX 115 2003 if I can come to the right deal.

I have been reading through the forum and am abit alarmed about how much they seem to go wrong.

I have owned Lucida's and Delica's there were plenty of horror storys about them and I seemed to get good ones solid cars but expensive to run.

Are Multipla's really this delicate and prone to things going wrong? I am not a mechanic and I have run a fiat coupe before so I know parts are not cheap.

Thanks

Less go wrong with multipla's than other cars just make sure the clutch has been changed at some point in last few years along with DMf. And they are prone to wishbones going just use ur nozzle when buying and allow for things to go wrong others will add to this as they own multis and are proud owners (hope)

Less go wrong with multipla's than other cars just make sure the clutch has been changed at some point in last few years along with DMf. And they are prone to wishbones going just use ur nozzle when buying and allow for things to go wrong others will add to this as they own multis and are proud owners (hope)
It had a full clutch pack last year.How long are the clutch good for?

If wishbones are prone to going what price are these to fix?

Whats DMF?

How long between cambelt changes?

It's had alot of work done which is good but also concerning why so much as go wrong.

Last edited:
Dual mass fly wheel would or should have been done with the clutch both side wish bones on eBay £50 easy to fit all I find wrong is the interior it's solid just I scratch it up if u get what I mean is the car cheap under 1000 what millage and have seen these engine go up to 180 thousand with out a cam belt change some at 90 thousand depends on the car and person etc

Last edited:
Dual mass fly wheel would or should have been done with the clutch both side wish bones on eBay £50 easy to fit all I find wrong is the interior it's solid just I scratch it up if u get what I mean is the car cheap under 1000 what millage and have seen these engine go up to 180 thousand with out a cam belt change some at 90 thousand depends on the car and person etc
I am trying to get that confirmed. The cambelt did go on it and as had a new head.

Shot DMF normally judders on take-up, especially 1st to 2nd.

Unless it's a steal, I'd be very careful buying as cambelt failures can affect pistons/crank as well as the head.

It's a 10 year old Fiat, you want rock solid reliability go for a Lexus or an M-B, however as always you get what you pay for.

They are practical and surprisingly agile, parts are relatively cheap and they are fairly easy to work on. Suspension is under-engineered, front A-frames usually go between 70-100k, rear trailing arm bearings likewise, front droplinks and ARB bushes are also known problems but these are cheap (If you do the work yourself).
MAF's are a PITA as the only good one's are Bosch and they aren't cheap.
Crank sensor is another known problem but this is a cheap and easy fix.

Back