Punto (Mk2/2b) First car owner here :)

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) First car owner here :)

robpowers

Hi
Im Rob (longtime lurker of these forums) Im quite a fiat punto lover and now have my first car (being a fiat punto), I have a Fiat punto Go! in red with 32,000 miles on clock owned by 2 ladies from new back in 2001. pretty much mint condition and i love it. Anyway I will (hopefully) pass my driving test by the 18th of may.

As for modifying my car, I want it as original as possible and only minor tweaks, some things i will need plenty of advice on. My list of ideas to do are as follows :)

-fitting punto sporting alloys (not aftermarket ones that looks chavvy)
-fitting a decent HU, Speakers and sub
-maybe de-badging

and thats about it really (y)

with only 32,000 miles i expect i shall be keeping this pup for a while :)

any suggestions on other things are welcome :D

being my age I do have limited funds unfortunately :(

I was thinking about tinting the lights using that tinted spray you can get and then either tinted plastic that goes over the rear window.

I have noticed the colour is a bit pink in certain lights, what would you recommend i use to bring out a nice colour.

I have noticed the colour is a bit pink in certain lights, what would you recommend i use to bring out a nice colour.
a good t cut will help
only do one panel at a time and avoid bright sunlight
you will need plenty of soft cloths and make sure you polish each panel as soon as youve cut it so it doesnt start oxidising seeing as the paint will now be soft
i do these with cutting compound farecla g5 and an electric mop but you have to cover plastics up as its quite messy

take your time and have fun:)

I did actually try t-cut but in dont think i put enough elbow grease into it, it looks more like a cleaner vivid red-pink. i will buy a few more cloths and maybe a mop attachment for an electric drill :)

oh okay, i suppose to do the whole car would need something more purposeful :)

oh okay, i suppose to do the whole car would need something more purposeful :)

i spent a whole day friday bringing a car up to saleability so it would probably take you two days to do the same
just do a panel at a time as i say this way its easier to stop if it rains or your arm falls off;)

T-cut is the worst product in the world!

if you want to restore paint work well invest in something like Farecla G3 starting with it straight from the bottle use it with more and more water as you get towards finishing, if you want you can invest in a propper mop for about £30 now which is much cheeper than they used to be.

I'm a big fan of keeping things original, especially on a low mileage cars. it will be well worth while getting that red paint gleeming again

Yeah as Freebo said, declare everything to them. Some things they might not care about (my insurance wont charge extra for Fiat wheels for me) but some will. Also if you were wanting tinted windows, look out for some window blinds. They clip onto the inside of the window and make them look a bit darker instead of getting expensive tints done if your on a budget :)
Welcome to the Fiat Forum

welcome to the forum bud
i like the way your gonna keep the car as original as possible :)
as for the fading in color in your post im afraid thats the problem with the older cars, after 11 years its understandable, sadly :(

just keep it clean and polished and noone will know the difference :)

Jay

Back