Technical Fiat Uno, got wet or something making strange noise

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Uno, got wet or something making strange noise

drystansa

Hi, just joined fiat forum, i have a fiat uno 1100 fire. Washed my car on sunday, and now my car is making this strange noise, sounds like a VW Mini bus. i tried drying everything, and used a blow dryer, i dont knowif it is a wet problem or if something has gone bust. when driving it has no power, and then suddenly comes in ,sounds like only 3 pistons are running, can someone please help.

thanks guys
Drystan
South Africa:)

Water does tend to sit round the plugs if the FIRE engine gets wet, make sure its all dry round them.

Also make sure no waters got into the distributor.

If you`ve got access to an airline it`d be worth giving the engine bay a thorough blowing out to dry it, round all the ignition components/ wiring/ plug leads/ connector blocks etc.

I`m assuming your air filter box is still in place & is bolted down properly.

Water does tend to sit round the plugs if the FIRE engine gets wet, make sure its all dry round them.

Also make sure no waters got into the distributor.

If you`ve got access to an airline it`d be worth giving the engine bay a thorough blowing out to dry it, round all the ignition components/ wiring/ plug leads/ connector blocks etc.

I`m assuming your air filter box is still in place & is bolted down properly.

thanks guy, took it for a long ride the other day, and something dryed off, cause now she is fine again, is there anyway you rate of stopping this from happening again? like water proofing some of the electrical parts? also seen as you guys are the experts, i want to make my car more beefer, any ideas? something that won't rune the car.

thanks

also seen as you guys are the experts, i want to make my car more beefer, any ideas?

TopGear_Cow-on-Roof.jpg
?

:ROFLMAO: Cant stop laughing at the Top Gear pic

is there anyway you rate of stopping this from happening again?

I've seen people clean engines while they run. They say it's better because any sitting water evaporates from the engine heat but I guess it could also be harmful too like cracking something maybe :confused:

I guess you just have to be careful of what and where you're cleaning

When I wash my Uno's engine, (which isn't very often), I cover the distributor and coil with strong plastic bags and tape them up so water can't get in. I also stuff plastic bags, (small ones), around the plugs to try and stop water sitting in the plug recess. I then disconnect the battery as I once blew a voltage regulator on the alternator by getting it wet with the battery connected.
After washing the motor use kitchen towel to soak up water from around the plugs, as mentioned elsewhere in these threads, an air line is the best bet to clear out any sitting water. Also if your car doesn't have a rubber cover over the timing hole in the clutch bell housing use something to stop water getting in there, otherwise the clutch plate can become seized onto the fly wheel and the thrust bearing can also begin to squeak if it gets wet. Hope this helps!

Back