Technical Fiat UNO 70 ieSX -Fuel Delivery Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat UNO 70 ieSX -Fuel Delivery Problem

Rocky NZ

I have a 1993 Fiat UNO 70 ieSX, 1372cc with the Bosch Mono-Jetronic Fuel Injection System.

Driving to work last week after just filling the tank with fuel the car splutterred then ground to a halt, it felt like the car had ran put out of fuel.

Called the AA & after a few checks we found that no fuel was being pumped from out of the fuel tank, so I got towed home then began checking everything.

I removed the fuel pump & fuel filters, the fuel pump was then checked on an external car battery and worked perfectly, I connected it back into the system and when the ignition is switched on turned on the car and it ran for a few seconds then stopped, this seemed to be correct & working so then I reinstalled the sender & pump unit after checling that none of the pipes were blocked.

I reassembled everything and then switched on the ignition, I heard the pump run a few times but now it doesn't run when I swithc on the iginition.

I tried to start the car many times also tried towing it to bump start but still the same problem it won't start at all, I fairly convinced that no fuel is being injected into the engine but I don't know why!!

Any ideas - perhaps the injector solenoid is not working or there is some other fault somewhere in the system.

IF anyone can help that qwould be great as I'm out of ideas!! (n)

Back