General fiat ulysse heater

Currently reading:
General fiat ulysse heater

steve68

hi
i have a fiat ulysse 7 seater 2.0L pet.
when i put the heater on to max it only puts out warm air then it goes cool so in the winter it is freezing in my car.
so in winter i need the heater on to clear the windows but it's not hot air it is only a little warm that come's out.
my heater goes to 28° but still only a bit of warn air come's out.
any way to fix this prob so i get hot air out of it ?
thankyou.

Last edited:
Could be one of a couple of things. How is your engine temperature? I assume that your thermostat is working properly and your engine is reaching its normal operating temperature.

If all ok with engine temp, then it could be a blockage in the heater matrix or air in the system as I believe the matrix is the highest point of the cooling system. Try bleeding the cooling system first with the heater switched to the open position.

Good luck
Chris

i put a new thermostat in about 3 months ago but the temp dont even reach 70 on the temp gage, unless im in traffic ie stand still lol or at traffic lights then the temp moves up but it is still only warm air coming out ?

thx chris for you advice
it looks like i will have to bleed it then see what happens.

Last edited:
hi mate, you have exactly the same problems as me, i posted on here weeks ago, but up until now no solution unfortunately, i have 96 1.9td, with same prob, goes upto and stays around 70c and upto 90c in traffic,and only blows warm air, these have 2 fans on them, 1 passenger side and one drivers side, my pass one was not working, fitted new relay and works ok, flushed cooling system, fitted new thermostat, flush matrix out under centre console that comes out into passenger footwell (easy to do), but i think it has another towards the drivers side, so will try and do that 1 someday, although looks a pig to get out, somebody said they suffer with the control panel electrics, so its just a case of a process of elimination my old china, i`m dreading it when it gets freezing as it`l take about a week to defrost the screen lol

Had the same problem this last week and it's been -10 out there, not funny with small children in the car. All the garages I phoned or popped in to said it needed full electricl diagnostics because they're such complicated cars. Anyway popped into my local wheel reapair place, they took one look and said it didn't have enough antifreeze, topped it up and bingo nice hot air everything working wonderfully(y). So happy now, but annoyed that it had a full service not long ago, thought they were supposed to do that sort of stuff?

If this is a mk 1 ullysse i had the same problem , its the pcb on the slide controls of the heater
un screw the cover and short to earth the chips on it , cart rememeber which one . you just touch 1 off the teminals and it instantly hot air comes out , do it with it all switched and running it won't harm anything and when you but the air con on you have to do it all over again:confused:

Back