Technical Fiat Stilo Abarth DVD / GPS

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Stilo Abarth DVD / GPS

BenShortland

Sorry in advance for the newbie post.

I am looking to purchase a Fiat Stilo Abarth DVD / GPS in my Stilo 1.4 Active. Will the GPS work ? What would be the proceedure to register it in my new car? Would I need any additional items such as cables etc?

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

If you're referring to an orginal Fiat Connect Nav+ unit, it doesn't play DVDs and can be registered to the vehicle by carrying out the proxy alignment proceedure.

If you're referring to one of the Chinese aftermarket double DIN DVD/GPS units. It won't need registering to the vehicle.

Both will require additional, and/or modified wiring.

I looked into doing this also meaning change my standard radio cd player for the connect nav system, but depends how much you want it as if you read the "connect nav issues" thread above at start of this page it has been done but does require extra wiring and alterations, which after reading through the thread figure did not really have time or pennies to fit it and for the amount I use sat nav in the stilo was simpler just to plug in the stand alone sat nav unit I have..although each to their own and credit to those that have taken time to install it.

Back