Technical Fiat Punto 2015 - P0120-14 – Accelerator pedal potentiometer 1 – short to ground or open circuit

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto 2015 - P0120-14 – Accelerator pedal potentiometer 1 – short to ground or open circuit

simonjrichardson

Hi

My daughter's car (2015 Punto 1.2 petrol 8v) is displaying this fault in Muti ecuscan

P0120-14 – Accelerator pedal potentiometer 1 – short to ground or open circuit

It also has a couple of others which i think are unrelated.

C1215-29
C1221-86

My question is, is this an accelerator pedal replacement I need to perform or is it the other end, the throttle position sensor inside the throttle body (I don't even know if you can replace the throttle sensor itself, or whether the whole throttle body had to be changed)

Although Muti ecuscan has given me a specific fault code, i'm not clear on which bit i need to start with - or is it wiring that's at fault ?

I don't want to go to a garage when i've got the fault code and can narrow it down myself.

many thanks

Simon

Just a thought, you could try cleaning the contacts of the accelerator connector with contact cleaner. I'm not sure if a problem with the engine bay fuse box exists with this later model. Many faults can be cured by using contact cleaner on the main connector under the engine bay fusebox.

It's probably just a minor fault and usually it DOES NOT need any parts or sensors replaced. You could try cleaning the throttle body itself too.

Back