Technical FIAT PETRA (SIENA) 1.6 Petrol maintaince advise

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT PETRA (SIENA) 1.6 Petrol maintaince advise

Anybody having any experience with the flat or so called frame less wiper blades?

There are mixed reviews on the internet and many claim it does not clean in uniform manner

Also Bosch Icon are still not available in India. Anybody has tried Hella Dyna Edge wiper blades?

Lastly can someone confirm the wiper blade size for Fiat Sienna

I have the frameless Bosch Aero Twin wipers on my Alfa, and they are just great.
On the Palio I still have old fashioned Bosch Twin Spoiler wipers, with metal frame, and they are very good as well.
I have two wipers, slightly longer than original, about 1/2 inch or so, works well, and are wider available....

Be carefull, there are a lot of fake, made in China ( Bosch) wipers out there...!!
Original Bosch is expensive, but last at least two years in my experience.

The hi end Bosch frameless wipers are very hard to get here, so for now wiper upgrade is on hold.

Hella is available easily but don't have confidence in it for the kind of money it sells for

Meanwhile installed the new Bosch brake pads and squeaking has gone :)

Will update in a week or so if actual braking and pedal feel has improved or not

Brakes have become super silent and have much better bite then before

Guys from India, you will never regret using Bosch brake pads if you we're using TVs-girdling pads till now and especially at the price it sells

Wonder how much difference Bosch performance pads will make but i don't think it's available in India

Thanks vijaycool for the advice

No, you can keep them for years...!!
I always buy another set, when I like them.
Maybe, in 1-2 years, when you need them, they are no more available, who knows....!
As the Palio is a rare car overhere, I always keep spare parts in my workshop, like exhaust, brake parts, filters, etc.
So I don't have to order and wait for parts....
(And, very important, keep partnumbers for the future...!!)

Last edited:
I need to align the headlight beam. It's way too off

My headlights are not the ones which used to come in Palio gtx which had a screw for adjustment. It has some kind of nut which is at a very awkward position to reach

Anyone (specially from India) can help me with it

After I fix the beam and be sure they stay in their position after driving around a bit, I plan to change the h1s to either osram night breaker plus or Philips extreme vision

Don't use the high beam much so will keep it stock

My bad

The headlights in my car has the same screw type adjusters for headlight bem like the earlier gtx. Maybe I did not notice it in the dark. Adjusted it a little and then will do the fine tuning later when it's dark

I feel like a fool that i was cursing the headlights and never thought of adjusting it

If all goes well then i will go for Philips extreme vision for h1s

Make absolutely sure, you buy genuine Philips bulbs ( rather expensive...!) and no Chinese fake ones.

Hi Peter

Am buying these and from the same website. The guy who runs this store is very trusted

http://www.99rpm.com/service/bulbs/xtreme-vision-h1-55watt.html?SID=vo5j935qh4htnci4hmai3vcvp2

Its expensive alright but cheaper then installing extra lights and I don't want to use 90 watt bulbs. Puts a stress on the reflectors, new wiring and mainly are illegal

Extra light is very welcome in mad rains of Bombay

Seems OK.
Just a reminder, Philips bulbs are the most duplicated bulbs in the world, so be carefull.
One more thing< although they are brighter than stock bulbs, they don't last very long.
I ran them as well in our Palio, but, for safety reasons, I drive with lowbeam always on, night and day, and they went bad in about 6 months...!
At the moment, I use Philips Eco Vision bulbs ( +30% over stock bulbs) and they last for more than 1,5 year now...!!

Seems OK.
Just a reminder, Philips bulbs are the most duplicated bulbs in the world, so be carefull.
One more thing< although they are brighter than stock bulbs, they don't last very long.
I ran them as well in our Palio, but, for safety reasons, I drive with lowbeam always on, night and day, and they went bad in about 6 months...!
At the moment, I use Philips Eco Vision bulbs ( +30% over stock bulbs) and they last for more than 1,5 year now...!!

I very well understand your concern. In fact when I went to buy Philips bulbs in nearby shops, all were duplicate.

How I cam to that conclusion you may ask..... Well by having a look at the packaging

I am in the packaging industry and I could easily make out the quality of the box it came in is not what an original Philips product would come in

My car running is very low comparing yours. And tht too seventy percent is in the day. So I guess even if the bulbs last for two years, it's more then enough f
or me

Some fake bulbs are in just white boxes indeed.
But I've seen boxes that are hardly noticeable as fake, unfortunately...!!
Even the hologram on the original Philips box is duplicated these days...!

Problem with fake bulbs is, that they have no UV shield, so they will burn the inside of the housing over time, making the lens dull and "milky" looking, and by doing so, blocking more and more light....!!

Hi Peter

Are the Diamond Visions better then xtreme vision?

There is no clear mention on the website except that Diamond vision throw a better white light but no mention of comparing what bulbs it throws better light

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with the location of the O2 sensor?

Got an oe sensor after a very long wait

Back