Technical *Fiat Panda 1987 1000CL Restoration*

Currently reading:
Technical *Fiat Panda 1987 1000CL Restoration*

It does look a very good Panda but it is way too far away from me to be considered.

Thanks for the advice, a 2wd Panda would be be great to have, just I would really like to have a 4x4. I will continue to search and if I find a good 2wd closer to me I will definately consider it.

Hope you got a good job coz you will need the money for the parts and repair bills on a 4x4!!!...

I actually work in a motor factors so I can get parts cheap(y)

It does look a very good Panda but it is way too far away from me to be considered.

Thanks for the advice, a 2wd Panda would be be great to have, just I would really like to have a 4x4. I will continue to search and if I find a good 2wd closer to me I will definately consider it.

^^^^ I think that just made us new best friends! haha!(y)

Hi Freddy, As all have said at the end of the day, 4x4's are great fun but also great hassle (if your planning on making it last and looking after it properly.).

I got my first Panda 4x4 after having 2 other Panda's of my own. What condition is your 750 in (what reg is it?). Reason for asking is I had a F-reg 750L as my first car for a year and loved it! 100% underpowered fun, and very cheap to insure!

I then had a 1108cc Selecta for a year before going down the 4x4 route, and I'm a full time student doing a degree and having to work 15-22 hours on top of that degree course to maintain my Sisley. (y)

They're getting more costly to buy (and maintain) but I'd leave it a year and then see if you still want one.

Jon.

You will need to get them cheap..check out the cost of the front suspention!!..:eek:
Seriously though on the road a 2wd is much more fun to drive (no leaf springs) Just put a 4x4 sticker on it with some bullbars...:devil:

kev

Hi Jon, my 750 is a J reg, it isnt actually an L as it doesnt have hammock seats etc, although it does say 750L on the V5, unfortunately its too far gone to be put back on the road really. My dad bought it as an MOT failure in 2005, its sills had gone rotten, since then it has only been driven round a field and is now even worse. The engine and gearbox are still fine and it drives ok.

It would cost alot of money to get it back on the road because of the amount of welding and other work it would need so I think it would be better to spend the money on another Panda and then use the 750 for parts.

It must be a full time job maintaining all your Pandas! I have plenty of time til I'm 17 so Ill see how things go, but I definately want a Panda of some sort:D

Back