General Fiat Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 Multi Jet Newbie

Currently reading:
General Fiat Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 Multi Jet Newbie

absoluteplates

Hi All,

I am a newbie here! Looking to purchase a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Multi Jet 2007 Reg. Just a few of questions:

What should I be looking to be paying on a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Multi Jet 2007 Reg / 50, 000 Miles / FSH / Fiat Leather Bucket Seats / On Board Computer / Mobile Handsfree

Is it possible to fit a double din headunit into these vehicles. . . . I have been told its not but maybe somebody knows how too?

I currently have a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi . . . . Will I notice much difference with this vehicle . . . . Speed / Handling etc

Thanks everyone !

Everything will be completely different compared to your corsa.

Can i ask why you want one? Are you doing a fair bit of miles or just fancying a newer faster car?

Double din is not possible without some customisation with the dash.

Gearbox/turbo are the most common issues and probably egr valve.

A lot of people have had gearboxes done under warranty, but some have not. I myself have just had to pay for mine done at 44k. Set me back £800. Turbo has also gone, but this is a ebay jobbie for fixing.

Give it a good drive when you find one, listen carefully to the gearbox for any whining, crunching etc.

Everything will be completely different compared to your corsa.

Can i ask why you want one? Are you doing a fair bit of miles or just fancying a newer faster car?

Double din is not possible without some customisation with the dash.

Gearbox/turbo are the most common issues and probably egr valve.

A lot of people have had gearboxes done under warranty, but some have not. I myself have just had to pay for mine done at 44k. Set me back £800. Turbo has also gone, but this is a ebay jobbie for fixing.

Give it a good drive when you find one, listen carefully to the gearbox for any whining, crunching etc.

I just fancy a new car tbh.

How much should I be looking to pay for this vehicle . . . . Also bearing in mind this vehicle I have looked at has just being fully serviced by Fiat and had some work done (Not 100% sure what was done)

Thanks

If your not doing many miles i would maybe consider another car or the 1.4 tjet version of the grande punto.

The mjet is a great car but to get the best out of it i think you should be doing good yearly mileage.

But if its what you want then for the car youve looked at i would make sure cambelt has been done, its 4 years or 90k I think. But I wouldnt leave it to 90k personally.

Price I imagine anywhere from 4-6k will be about right.

I just fancy a new car tbh.

How much should I be looking to pay for this vehicle . . . . Also bearing in mind this vehicle I have looked at has just being fully serviced by Fiat and had some work done (Not 100% sure what was done)

Thanks

I would say if it's a private seller, around £4,500. Find out what has been done - if the cambelt hasn't been done (it's about that age when it is due a new one) that will need doing soon and will set you back a good £300.

I paid £292 for Fiat to fit a new cambelt and water pump. Believe it or not, Fiat was actually the cheapest quote! Very reasonable.

I got this done at 50k miles when I purchased the 1.9 GP. Better to be safe then sorry.

I paid £292 for Fiat to fit a new cambelt and water pump. Believe it or not, Fiat was actually the cheapest quote! Very reasonable.

I got this done at 50k miles when I purchased the 1.9 GP. Better to be safe then sorry.

That's about the going rate at main dealer, they quoted me about £290 all in, but I ordered all parts from shop4parts for about £120 and dealer is doing labour only for £120

Hey man,

Though I'd post as I got my Grande after driving a 1.2 corsa as my first car..in terms of power the corsa isn't a patch on the GP, its what roughly 70-80 bhp versus 130 with a turbo?

Handling I'd say the GP has a lot more roll but this can be solved by changing the springs which isn't too expensive :)

Also, you should get 35-50mpg on a 1.9 multijet and I know myself the corsa was crap lol I was lucky to get 30 sometimes..and when considering the power difference thats very good IMO :D

I just paid 4750 for my multijet. It's a 57 plate with 69000 miles full service history leather blue and me full mot and six months tax. Garage also did a camber and full service before I picked it up. :).

Swapped a megane coupe with race and remap induction exhaust etc for it just because of the price of fuel. My megane averaged 14mpg lol

Hey man,

Though I'd post as I got my Grande after driving a 1.2 corsa as my first car..in terms of power the corsa isn't a patch on the GP, its what roughly 70-80 bhp versus 130 with a turbo?

Handling I'd say the GP has a lot more roll but this can be solved by changing the springs which isn't too expensive :)

Also, you should get 35-50mpg on a 1.9 multijet and I know myself the corsa was crap lol I was lucky to get 30 sometimes..and when considering the power difference thats very good IMO :D

Lot more roll? The corsas have boat tyres, they roll for fun. and yours must of been a bad one, my girlfriends saw 45+mpg all day long. Was better than my mjet lol.

Well bluetooth handsfree and on board computer are standard on the Sporting so the only extra you are paying for there is the leather trim. I paid £5150 for mine, with fabric trim, 36000 miles, 56 model. Make sure you check the gearbox as mine was knackered when I got it but luckily got sorted by the dealer.

Just had the cambelt and 5 year service done for £400 so bear that in mind aswell. But it's a quick car, really picks up when the turbo kicks in at 1500 revs and I usually get 45-50mpg. 57mpg on long trips of 100 miles plus.

had mine since 12th december and love it mate. id chose the diesel over the t-jet anyday. more power for less £££ tuning wise... a remap for example. the only thing a t-jet has over the diesel is the sound aspect of the exhaust etc but the power of the diesel more than makes up for a sporty sound.

Back